RS 1.10.0.0 prevents Windows 7 from going to sleep

Dark Avenger

Hi all,

I have a problem with the latest Recording Service. Latest version of Recording Service 1.10.0.0 prevents my Windows 7 x64 SP1 machine from going to sleep. Neither key combination, Start -> Sleep or by timer work. With the previous version 1.9.7.0 everything is working fine. Is this a known problem? Could you address it in the next version?

Thanks in advance.

When the problem occur the result from the powercfg -requests is:

DISPLAY:

None.

SYSTEM:

None.

AWAYMODE:

None.

If I manage to put my computer to sleep after several retries the result is:

DISPLAY:

None.

SYSTEM:

[sERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer\DVBVservice.exe (DVBVRecorder)

AWAYMODE:

[sERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer\DVBVservice.exe (DVBVRecorder)

Lars,

I do not want to hijack this thread, but my case it is just the inverse of this one. The Recording Service just does not prevent my Windows 7 64-Bit SP1 HTPC from going to standby, although it is currently recording.

Could you please have a look at my issue here: RS verhindert Standby während Aufnahme nicht zuverlässig.

Thanks in advance, kind regards,

Jens

Edited by Jens Remus
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For me , 1.21.2 is the single one that let my PC enter standby. I use DVBViewer for 4-5 years, but with all other rec services, my PC never enters standby if DVBViewer rec service is activated.

Till yesterday, when i notice that my PC enter standby if i do not use rec service.

I use some app on Iphone and on Android to wake up my pc.

Now powercfg look like this:

DISPLAY:

None.

SYSTEM:

None.

AWAYMODE:

None.

Before rs 1.21.2 in powercfg i see dvbrec even if nobody acces DVBViewer or rec service.

Edited by bogdan1980