Multiple tuners

rubberfingers

Hi

I currently have 1xDVB-S and 1xDVB-T tuners in my machine which is running the DVBViewer Recording Service. These can be shared out as unicast tuners for the DVBViewer client machine.

Is it possible to add in another DVB-S tuner and share this out, if so how do I perform the configuration of the second DVB-S tuner, does it need a different port number or will all 3 have the same port numbers and the client decides which one to use?

Its easy with my current setup as one unicast tuner is listed as Satellite and one as Teresterial on the client machine, but how will this work with multiple DVB-S tuners?

thanks

Edited by rubberfingers

See the RS Options-Hardware. You can set one of the DVB-S tuners to "preferred", otherwise I think it will just select the first in the list.

If each tuner is on a different satellite, then you will need to assign hardware and channels to compatible groups.

See the RS Options-Hardware. You can set one of the DVB-S tuners to "preferred", otherwise I think it will just select the first in the list.

If each tuner is on a different satellite, then you will need to assign hardware and channels to compatible groups.

Yes thats the plan, I currently have 3 sats connected via Diseq to a single feed, I want to split off one of the sat's to use its own dedicated tuner, leaving the other 2 feeds on the other tuner.

So if I connect both tuners as 'Normal priority' then set up compatible groups it should work? Where do I set the groupings, is it on the server or client (or both?)

thanks again for the help

You would need to set Groups on Recording Service Hardware, and through Channel Editor. I don't know if assigning Unicast devices to groups would have any effect.