Testing the DAB+ Radio Prototype

Mr. Man-wai Chang

I am living in Hong Kong. I am using Mygica TD-312 USB DMB-TH + DAB stick (uses Realtek 2832U).

The user-interface was a mess in my Windows 7 Ultimate (english).

I pressed TAB to focus on the "hidden" Scan button, and found some stations when I scanned for Europe TDAB.

But when I hit Play button to tune to a station, nothing could be heard.

I also tried using my own RTKDAB.DLL and RTL283XACCESS.DLL, still no sound.

I hit Record. A "2012-07-25_23-02-49_35 RTHK Radio.aac" was created in C:\Users\MyName\Music.

I can hear the recording via Foobar2000. Not with Windows Media Player...

I wondered why the player failed to produce any sound when doing real-time playback...

BTW, it would be nice if the player could have command-line options to automate tasks like recording.

That's all my comments for now. Keep up with the good work! :)

post-83378-0-96853200-1343228247_thumb.jpg

post-83378-0-04402300-1343228258_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr. Man-wai Chang
  • 1 year later...
The user-interface was a mess in my Windows 7 Ultimate (english).

The reason was I had increased the text size (Size of All Items) of Win 7 from 100% to 125% in Display Properties!

BTW, the number of DAB+ stations has increased to 16 in Hong Kong!

Edited by Mr. Man-wai Chang

Well to be honest the decoding problem is the reason why we did not implemented a dab support into the DVBViewer yet. I'm still even not sure if it is a bug inside the realtek firmware (which produce false audio streams) or the lack of working HE AAC directshow decoders is the reason. I might contact Realtek in order to ask if there are any news. You might also check xmplay (http://www.un4seen.com/) if the recordings are played properly. As far as i know is that the author does have a very complete aac implementation inside his products.

It seem to be codec related and while testing the current LAV Audio decoder playback seem to work. I do might check DAB in the near future :)

• 2 months later...

Well to be honest the decoding problem is the reason why we did not implemented a dab support into the DVBViewer yet. I'm still even not sure if it is a bug inside the realtek firmware (which produce false audio streams) or the lack of working HE AAC directshow decoders is the reason. I might contact Realtek in order to ask if there are any news. You might also check xmplay (http://www.un4seen.com/) if the recordings are played properly. As far as i know is that the author does have a very complete aac implementation inside his products.

It seem to be codec related and while testing the current LAV Audio decoder playback seem to work. I do might check DAB in the near future :)

Did you check with Realtek for any news?

I'm using this 'nice DAB software' and with DAB the sound is fine. However with DAB+ the sound is stuttering. I assume that DAB+ use HE-AAC, so I have checked with different codecs. But the result is the same, i.e. stuttering sound. If I change the Filter settings, like on the enclosed picture and re-open the DAB Rx the settings are not saved? It goes back to Auto. Or should I try any other filter setting?

Edited by Radioman