All BBC HD Channels Blocky

protonus

Hi, I rescanned for the new Olympic Channels and now all my BBC HD channels are all blocky. I completely uninstalled DVBViewer and did a clean install. Still the same problem. ITV HD, Channel 4HD, NHK HD all are fine. No blockyness no nothing. The BBC HD channels are OK I can see what is happening, but there are blocky streaks across the screen and that is continuously.

Specs are : Asus Nvidia GT 440, Quad Core Q9505 (4GB RAM), Windows 7 64 Professional. I can't think of anything else to do. I have installed Power DVD 12, but that doesn't seem to help.

post-66741-0-13197500-1344085475_thumb.jpg

Here are my settings at the moment.

post-66741-0-30574100-1344085827_thumb.jpg

support.zip

Personally, I prefer to stick with the Microsoft decoders on Win7, except for AC3filter for AC3 audio.

You may find that a rescan of BBC HD channels has picked the MPEG audio track and this is not working well with your default codec (AC3filter?). Try selecting the AC3 audio track - this should be the default channel.

OK I changed it to the Microsoft Decoders but it seems to be slightly worse. All other HD channels are still the same. ITV HD, NHK HD, Channel 4 HD - All fine. Any other ideas?

Try a different H264 decoder. LAV filters are currently the best, choose DXVA or CUVID hardware acceleration if your graphics card supports it.

I am quite annoyed, my Drivers for NVIDIA seemed to crash for whatever reason. I was trying to watch a Movie in 3D and Windows AERO stopped working. I downloaded the Beta Driver from the NVIDIA's website and reinstalled the NVIDIA driver and now it all works (version 304.79). So it seems that the drivers were the problem and this came out because I wanted to watch a movie in 3D as I have a 3D vision ready monitor. I have changed the settings to LAV filters, and it seems fine so far. No blockyness just a perfect picture. If it wasn't for wanting to watch the 3D movie I would not have realised that it was the NVIDIA drivers causing the problem. How annoying.

Edited by protonus