seek to specific position using com

Is there some way to seek to a specific time position (when playing a recorded file, obviously) using COM? I did tested and can read current position from DVBViewer.DataManager.Value['#currentplaytime'] however I did tried to set it to a specific time and nothing happens, is there any (other) way to do it?

Thanks in advance.

You can use datamanager only for reading some status information and for storing custom values. Setting a variable doesn't trigger any action in DVBViewer.

I can't remember a COM method which allows you to seek to a specific position in a media file.

Thank you for your reply.

I did looked and even tried IPlayListManager.Play(TitleNr: Integer; Position: Double); with TitleNr set to 0, 1, -1 but no go on a single file playing :( why PlayFile() function doesn't also have a position parameter? :) Now seeing maybe I will try to temporarily create a playlist with just one file and try using Play() then...

If anyone else haves some (better) idea please... also some way using a plugin would work, but I did also checked plugin sdk and can't find a way to do it either :( unless maybe possible using GetGraph and dealing with IGraphBuilder? But that seems out of the sdk and I have no good knowledge about directshow things.