DVBViewer Pro - Recording Parts

nobby5628

Hi All,

just getting used to DVBViewer and loving so far.

I seem to be getting a problem where when ever i'm recording (Via recording service) it does record the programme but has loads of files at really short intervals.

Is their a simple solution/setting where it combines all the files so i can watch the programmes.

Thanks in advance.

Nobby :(

Its because it cannot record it, normaly because it is coded. To me it happens often, because i have timers that hit channels that i don't have access to. So if my timer is "summer" it tries to record all programs with summer, also channels that i dont have acces to, so it ends up in 2-300 small useless files. Solution is to remove channels you dont use/have access to from the channel list

Its because it cannot record it, normaly because it is coded. To me it happens often, because i have timers that hit channels that i don't have access to. So if my timer is "summer" it tries to record all programs with summer, also channels that i dont have acces to, so it ends up in 2-300 small useless files. Solution is to remove channels you dont use/have access to from the channel list

Cheers McenterFreak, i do have access to the channels that i tried recording but i'll try deleting the channels that we don't use and see if that helps :)

Hi All,

just getting used to DVBViewer and loving so far.

I seem to be getting a problem where when ever i'm recording (Via recording service) it does record the programme but has loads of files at really short intervals.

Is their a simple solution/setting where it combines all the files so i can watch the programmes.

Thanks in advance.

Nobby :(

Could also be a signal problem. What does your .log file says?

There is no simple solution to combine the files, since it is not needed. I have used DVBViewer for years, without ANY problems. It runs 365 days a year. All recordings are perfect!

Could also be a signal problem. What does your .log file says?

There is no simple solution to combine the files, since it is not needed. I have used DVBViewer for years, without ANY problems. It runs 365 days a year. All recordings are perfect!

How do i view the log file mate...

How do i view the log file mate...

In Recoring Service, Configuration, Recorder you tick Create Logfile. Then there will be created a log file for each recording, named the same as the recording, with .log extension

It could also be a access problem. Sometime it happens to me, when a timer find a programme on a channel where i have no access to (sattelite). Then it makes 2-300 small files. I don't know why

Yes it happens when RS can't decrypt the stream. If having the setting "Restart recording if no data for 60 secs" active you'll end up with 60 empty one minute files if trying to record a 60 minute show. In RS Recorder setting there's also splitting options which splits the file after a certain amounts of recorded mbytes. @nobby focus on these settings. http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Options_Service_-_Recorder

Edited by majstang