RS 1.20

entrecour

Fisrt of all, sorry this will NOT be a complete report as I didn't have time to get the support files (family presure to get the TV working again!)..

I just installed RS 1.2 in a working system based on RS 1.1. Unfortunately there was no tuned picture and autodiscovery did not show the local Unicast device. The RS test button indicated that RS was connected but still no tuned channel.

I then reinstalled RS 1.1 and everything works ok again.

I will try and test again later.

Yes my mistake, thanks for correcting that, it was RS 1.20 and RS 1.10 that I was referring to.

I just checked the RS 1.10 config and DVBServer is enabled, so I assume it was in RS 1.20 also but I am not 100% certain. WHat I can say is that I didn't change that setting.

Edited by entrecour

The default of "Enable Server DVBServer" has changed from on to off. Because future versions of the DVBViewer will change from Unicast to RTSP.

And if you never changed the setting there is no entry for that in the service.xml and the RS use the default setting.

Thanks - I just reinstalled RS 1.20 and enabled DVBServer (it was disabled). That fixed it - all working ok now. :D

How can I use / test RTSP (before the new DVBViewer is released)? I am very interested to get it running on an iPad / iPhone.

Thanks!

You can download a channel list as m3u Play list (RTSP) in the web interface > Streaming > Direct connection

http://IP:Port/stream.html?aktion=rtspchannellist_m3u

And open it with a Player e.g. VLC

I am very interested to get it running on an iPad / iPhone.

Satellite FTA will work with the SAT>IP EyeTV application (for multi CPU apple devices and WLAN), I think it's 0.79 € in the app store.

For using the direct RTSP stream with other players I don't know it's only tested with vlc and the DVBViewer. Feel free to test and please report back. :)

Oh and be aware: RTSP is NOT transcoded. It's unchanged like the UPnP Streaming but in another container/transmission format.

One thing, to avoid missunderstandings: The current DVBViewer can't handle RTSP or the RTSP playlist.

The upcoming DVBViewer has a new virtual network device which will interface to the SAT>IP RTSP stuff automatically, like a easier to configure and use unicast device

I haven't tried on an iPad yet, but I tried briefly on a PC using MPC-HC - I was not able to play the RTSP stream / playlist. I also tried using Quicktime but with no luck.

I thought that both MPC-HC and Quicktime should be able to play RTSP streams. :unsure:

MPC-HC is able to play the direct stream (and you can use a different renderer if you want).

Edited by entrecour

Use VLC for this instead, i honestly never ever tried MPC since it uses Directshow - even if it comes with its own filters it might get screwed up with the installed one. VLC runs nicely with its own FFMpeg Library and you can be sure that it behave on each machine quite equal.

You should also check your firewall.

LocalHolgi, Thanks for the tips. I want to hold off on installing VLC for the moment - I try to keep computers as clean as possible and I already have MPC installed. I don't think the firewall is the issue as 1) I can view the direct stream through MPC,and 2) it's all running on the same local machine.

This is an extract for just one channel from the RTSP .m3u playlist that is created by DVBViewer web interface....

#EXTINF:-1,Telenor - BBC Entertainment
rtsp://127.0.0.1:554/?src=1&freq=11325&msys=dvbs&plts=off&fec=78&pol=h&ro=0.35&sr=24500&mtype=qpsk&tnr=1,11325,24500,9750,0,0,6,5,640,512,256,1103,1,0,25,0,25,70&pids=0,18,256,512,576,640,

I also tried the url by itself in mpc / open file and using the full ip address 192.168.0.x but neither of these attempts worked. I get "Failed to render the file."

Obviously this could be a problem with MPC-HC rather than anything else, so I may end up installing VLC anyway!

I haven't tried this yet, but apparently OPlayer supports RTSP streaming on a number of platforms including iPhone

★ Supported File Format Extension

✔ XVID/DIVX AVI, WMV, RMVB, ASF, H264, MKV, TS, M2TS... most of all movie file formats.

✔ MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC... most of all audio file formats.

✔ SMI, ---------------, SUB, SRT, TXT... most of all subtitle file formats.

★ Extra Features

✔ USB Sync: Use itunes to fast sync movies to your iPad.

✔ WIFI Upload: Upload movies by the web browser of your computer, support ie/safari/firefox/chrome.

✔ FTP Server: Upload movies by the ftp client of your computer, support cyberduck/filezilla.

✔ FTP Client: You can download files from FTP server to your iPad.

✔ SAMBA Client: You can download files from SAMBA server to your iPad.

✔ Dropbox support.

✔ Streaming: Support HTTP/RTSP/MMS/FTP/SAMBA streaming.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/oplayerhd-lite-best-free-video/id385896088?mt=8

http://www.edavs.com/forum/