Windows 7 EVR quality

avoidz

I've just made my Windows 7 64 laptop my primary computer and installed DVBViewer on it. I previously used a Windows XP tower with PowerDVD 7 for video rendering in DVB.

Now Windows 7 uses the EVR and has PowerDVD 9 installed. When I'm watching DTV video, panning shots have a strobing, blurry effect, which is worse quality.

Is there any way to improve the video quality? Thanks.

Edited by avoidz

You must enable "custom renderer" in the directx panel

for mpeg2 SD: cyberlink /Sp decoder(PDVD10) work fine

For HD: Arcsoft video decoder or cyberlink video decoder( with dxva support). Best result with arsoft

I run win7 x64 with a Nvidia GT220

Thanks.

'Use Custom Renderers' is enabled and Cyberlink Video Decoder (PDVD9) is set for MPEG2, with EVR Custom Video Renderer selected.

I remembered I had Shark007 Windows 7 Codecs installed and removed those in case they were causing a problem, but now I have no AC3 sound on HD channels (I think ffdshow from the Shark007 codecs was being used for AC3).

It's a bit of a mess, frankly :P

An LCD monitor is connected to my laptop via an HDMI cable if that makes any difference too.

for AC3 /e-ac3 sound i use ffdshow audio, it's proved to be reliable over the years so you might try that (search google if you don't have it)

for the record cyberlink has 2 kind of decoders, cpu and gpu(dxva)

cyberlink video SP decoder (note the SP) works best for SD channels (better deinterlacing)

Edited by themaster1

I couldn't get the HD channel sound back no matter what, so I uninstalled the main DVBViewer program and reinstalled it from scratch. I chose to download the AC3 audio decoder this time from the installer, and HD sound is working again.

I think I have a working configuration now. The Microsoft DVT-DVD Video Decoder seems to work best out of the decoders installed on my laptop.

7xBt7.png

r1kkN.png

Edited by avoidz