DVB Subtitles are not showing

Vellu

I have a problem with DVB subtitles.

There are few channels in Finland which use the dvb subtitles in their own stream. Anyway the text is not burnt into the video.

Lately (possibly after upgrading to version 4.9.6.20) I've noticed that the DVB subtitles are not showing up in the DVBViewer

screen during, when I watch the programme. The dvb subtitles seem to be missing from the recorded .ts -file as well, as far as

I see it. All the options related to DVB subtitles are set according to recommended parameters. I've switched subtitles off and

selected the finnish subtitles again. I've restarted DVBViewer after changing the parameters. I've checked (with right-click),

that the DVB:fin is selected as the subtitle.

I'd like to be able to see the subtitles when I watch the programme. That's my main concern.

If such subtitles can be recorded only as .ts -files, that's ok.

I just wish I could then select per channel, if the recording format is .ts or .mpg.

I would wish to use .mpg -format by default, and .ts only when I have to. But starting to use .ts only in recordings is something

that I need to consider.

But the problem is still the same, I can't see any DVB subtitles in DVBViewer during the programme.

I can't see DVB subtitles if I watch the .ts recording with DVBViewer.

I can't see DVB subtitles if I watch it with another device (NAS + media player over LAN).

support.zip

There are DVB Subtitles in the file, and I can see them after selecting Settings -> Subtitles -> DVB: Finnish in DVBViewer.

I think the problem is caused by the video renderer selection. Here DVBViewer displays no OSD and no subtitles with "EVR Enhanced Video Renderer". Tick "Use Custom Renderer" on Options -> DirectX, select "EVR Custom Video Renderer", and it should work.

There are DVB Subtitles in the file, and I can see them after selecting Settings -> Subtitles -> DVB: Finnish in DVBViewer.

I think the problem is caused by the video renderer selection. Here DVBViewer displays no OSD and no subtitles with "EVR Enhanced Video Renderer". Tick "Use Custom Renderer" on Options -> DirectX, select "EVR Custom Video Renderer", and it should work.

Tried these but still I didn't get it to work properly.

- I ticked the "use custom renderer" selection OFF

- I changed the "EVR custom video renderer to default on both video A and B

I was somewhat surprised when I enabled WMA multichannel. I started to see subtitles in english (I had finnish and swedish subtitles

selected in options). It appeared quire rarely, even if I let it be after it appeared once. I don't know if that really affected, but

I haven't seen any subtitles without WMA multichannel enabled.

Tried these but still I didn't get it to work properly.

- I ticked the "use custom renderer" selection OFF

- I changed the "EVR custom video renderer to default on both video A and B

I was somewhat surprised when I enabled WMA multichannel. I started to see subtitles in english (I had finnish and swedish subtitles

selected in options). It appeared quire rarely, even if I let it be after it appeared once. I don't know if that really affected, but

I haven't seen any subtitles without WMA multichannel enabled.

Hmm, now that you mentioned OSD, I checked it as well.

If I enable OSD (tick out the option to disable it), I lose the video, but I can see the subtitles!

Then I took the EVR and custom renderer into use again, and enabled OSD and then it finally worked!

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction :)

I just hate to have OSD, I once wasn't able to get rid of the extra menus and texts on screen using

mouse (or Nebula remote, can't remember) without closing DVBViewer. That's how and why I lost the

subtitles in the first place. Oh, well.. I have to get used to OSD, I guess :D

• 3 months later...

I hereby confirm that DVBViewer Pro 5.0 is NOT reading the "Enable If Available" checkbox for subtitles!!!! (w00t)

Should I be expecting a quick fix in 5.0.0.1?? :bye:

Edited by Mr. Man-wai Chang

Small additional bug(Viewer 5.0,recording service1.23):

- For me dvb subtitles get recorded. I am using the recording service.

- Subtitles are visible when watching directly.

- But when i watch a program directly with subtitles,and i e.g. jump to watch a recorded program, the last subtitle text from direct program stays visible until the new program sends another. If there are no dvb subtitles in the recorded, the last text stays on perpetually.

- Same occurs when jumping the other way (fromrecorded to direct).

- Text does not stay when switching channels.