MCE Remote under W7 64

romeo

I red few topics where users complain their remote is not working when window of DVBViewer is not in focus.

This is only reply to 64bit Windows (x86 is working fine, according to them).

I can confirm this on x64.

I have W7 64bit and using latest version of DVBViewer with standard MCE plugin. Tried both plugins for mce remote with no luck.

DVBViewer is set to start in full screen, and to make remote work I have to go in windowed mode and click with mouse on DVBViewer menu bar, or status bar (not picture of tv program).

If i click on picture or somewhere on desktop or if DVBViewer is in fullscreen mode, DVBViewer doesnt respond on remote commands.

I hope in next revisions this would be fixed because x64 OS is future (i have 8gigs of RAM so x86 is out of question).

PS: I know i have to attach support.zip but I dont think it would help much.

• 2 months later...

On Win7 64-bit, I use a desktop shortcut with keyboard shortcut (Ctrl-Alt-P - as used by WMC) assigned to the Green button on my MCE remote. This switches focus to DVBViewer Pro or launches it if not running.

I also have an unused key assigned to switch fullscreen mode through the Learn function.

The two "standard" plugins didn't work for me. I installed the alternative one here:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/28849-mce-2005-plugin/

dropped into the Program folder's Plugins. I think I also downloaded and imported someone's "default.remote" from that thread, as most of the buttons are correctly assigned.