RS 1.21.2.0 wrongly mark some timers with red color

jirim100

Good day,

some timers are wrongly showed with red color. It's very confusing because then I do not know exactly whether this timer will be processed.

Look at the attached pictures.

A timer shown in red won't be recorded. Without knowing much about your tuners it seems only one "Has CI" (USB 2.0 BDA DVB-C Tuner (6)). Meaning if you are trying to record two crypted shows at the same time only one will be successful.

You haven't done the setup entirely right either. In DVBViewer you should use unicast devices, see wiki http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Recording_Service_Installation_Guide

And when you look precisely there are NO hardware conflicts. Even first red timer in list is recording (see on second picture with actual status).

Red color usually is a sign that timers overlap and have different transponders. If someone only has one single DVB device this is a problem as here DVBViewer can only record one of them at once. In your case the timers are executed on different devices so the warning makes no sense.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You have to disable all real Hardware in the DVBViewer.

This is not true. I disabled all hardware in DVBViewer but this bug is still persists in Recording service!

Had a look at your support.zip and I see you have drivers for the AVerMedia A825 USB Dual DVB-T2 and AVerMedia A825 USB Dual DVB-T tuners that predates the Windows 7 release. I wouldn't be surprised if these tuners are the cause for your troubles. I think you should focus your attention exclusively on them. Start with disable them and see what happens.

Had a look at your support.zip and I see you have drivers for the AVerMedia A825 USB Dual DVB-T2 and AVerMedia A825 USB Dual DVB-T tuners that predates the Windows 7 release. I wouldn't be surprised if these tuners are the cause for your troubles. I think you should focus your attention exclusively on them. Start with disable them and see what happens.

No, I don't have problems with these tuners! These tuners working without problems. There is problem only with wrongly colored some timers in web interface!!! Even timers with red color are recorded! Look closely on my attached pictures !

No, I don't have problems with these tuners! These tuners working without problems. There is problem only with wrongly colored some timers in web interface!!! Even timers with red color are recorded! Look closely on my attached pictures !

Well, the problem could be when RS query the driver if tuners are available for recording timers, the answer goes wrong or doesnt match the expected format, hence RS reports the tuners unavailable (as red marked timers in RS). Such an error doesnt necessarily hinder the actual recording from taking place. If you have old drivers for the tuners made before the release date of the OS you are using, you are asking for trouble. That can explain the issue. My explanation is of cuz only guesses, so take it or leave it :)

Edited by majstang

Well, the problem could be when RS query the driver if tuners are available for recording timers, the answer goes wrong or doesnt match the expected format, hence RS reports the tuners unavailable (as red marked timers in RS). Such an error doesnt necessarily hinder the actual recording from taking place. If you have old drivers for the tuners made before the release date of the OS you are using, you are asking for trouble. That can explain the issue. My explanation is of cuz only guesses, so take it or leave it :)

You don't look closely on pictures. I have got in system two DVB-T tuners AVerMedia A825 (year of driver 2009) and one DVB-C tuner Technotrend TT-Connect CT 3650 CI (year of driver 2012).

But when you look precisely on attached picture then you discover: red color have got timers ONLY for DVB-C tuner (channel CS film/CS mini ©)! All timers for DVB-T tuners are colored correctly.

Timer for DVB-C tuner have got red color always when at the same time is defined timer for DVB-T tuner - this is bug in recording service !

Timer for DVB-C tuner have got red color always when at the same time is defined timer for DVB-T tuner - this is bug in recording service !

Well, it seems the developers disagree with you this being a bug of RS and I would agree with them, cuz most of these cases usually are either driver or hardware related. I think you should start with some forum investigating which driver bugs other user of this dvb-c tuner has encountered and poke around at the manufacturer site for some info or contact them, instead of continue blaming it on RS, for six consecutive versions now. If it had been a bug it would have been fixed after your first report. Sorry for the harsh words, but its time for you to put in some work and doing some troubleshooting yourself, no one else will do it for you.

Sorry for the hards words ...

No problem.

The Technotrend TT-Connect CT 3650 CI is a Hybrid Tuner. You should disable the DVB-T par in the RS.

Yes, you are right! After disabling DVB-T part of Technotrend TT-Connect CT 3650 CI then all DVB-C timers are colored correctly (black).

Sorry, but THIS IS BUG IN RS !

Example: let us have two timers and enabled DVB-T and DVB-C parts of Technotrend device:

Channel 1 (DVB-T), 17:00 - 18:00, Name of timer 1

Channel 2 (DVB-C), 17:10 - 18:10, Name of timer 2 - will be wrongly colored with red color even though in the system are two next dual DVB-T tuners AverMedia A825 (even prefered)!

Here is list of all tuners in Hardware tab of RS settings:

USB 2.0 BDA DVB-T Tuner (5) - Normal : Technotrend TT-Connect CT 3650 CI device

AF9015 BDA Filter 3 (1) - Normal : first dual tuner AverMedia A825 device

AF9015 BDA Filter 4 (2) - Prefered : first dual tuner AverMedia A825 device

AF9015 BDA Filter (3) - Normal : second dual tuner AverMedia A825 device

AF9015 BDA Filter 2 (4) - Prefered : second dual tuner AverMedia A825 device

USB 2.0 BDA DVB-C Tuner (6) - Prefered : Technotrend TT-Connect CT 3650 CI device

Maybe I'm wrong, but TT-connect CT-3650 CI does not two separate tuners. Technotrend uses a single tuner for DVB-C or DVB-T, can not simultaneously record from DVB-C and DVB-T. (Compares it with the Technisat CableStar Combo HD CI).

..correct, but there are more devices available! Apparently DVBViewer/rs can't handle this case properly. If either the C or T part of the hybrid device is assigned the application should flag both as not available for other overlapping assignments. Then the next (hybrid) device will take over. -> all black :D