Problem on EPG Programme Name

dickli1990

In the english EPG of TVB in Hong Kong, most of the time the last alphabet in programme name is missing in Recording Service.

For example, in the attachment, "News at 6:30" has become "News at 6:3".

Little programme names remains normal, e.g. "Jade Solid Gold" remains the same in Recording Service.

And if there is spaces after chopping the last alphabet, it will also chop the spaces.

e.g. "Blue Dragon 2" in DVBViewer becomes "Blue Dragon" in RS.

This problem arised in recent releases of DVBViewer Recording Service and DVBViewer Beta.

post-55830-0-27943600-1350129011_thumb.png

post-55830-0-61044300-1350129022_thumb.png

Thanks, I checked it and the problem you described was not there. Maybe it's web browser related?

This problem exists in all browsers, as well as in DVBViewer Beta.

The epg.dat inside folder "config" of the zip file is the one in [userdata folder]\config.

The epg.dat at root (together with channel.dat) is the the one of DVBViewer 4.9.6.20 (originally inside [userdata folder]).

I opened the 2 epg.dat with notepad, and search for the word "City Forum",

one of them shows "<eng>City Forum [RTHK]" and the other one shows "<eng>City Forum [RTHK".

i.e. The problem exists

Edited by dickli1990
  • 2 months later...

Sorry, is there any solution to this problem?

As I installed DVBViewer 5.0.0.0, I found the same problem existing in this latest version of DVBViewer.

Sorry this got somehow lost :(

I've uploaded a fixed RS installer. Please download it again. The DVBViewer will be fixed seperatly.

It seems that the problem still exist in Recording Service 1.23.ohmy.gif

Well it might take some time to purge the old EPG...

Only the new incoming EPG will be processed correctly. You can speed it up by stopping the RS, deleting the [userdata folder]\config\epg.dat and starting the RS again.

Oh boy, today seems to be one of these days... :(

It doesn't work, because I changed the wrong source file. Give me a few minutes... Sorry about the mess :(

OK I triple checked the changes and uploaded a corrected version. Please download again.

Once again I apologize for this mess and thank you for your patience and feedback.

This problem does only affect UTF-8 encoded EPG (as used in Hongkong DVB-T (?) for the english data).

OK I triple checked the changes and uploaded a corrected version. Please download again.

Once again I apologize for this mess and thank you for your patience and feedback.

This problem does only affect UTF-8 encoded EPG (as used in Hongkong DVB-T (?) for the english data).

The problem is fixed. Thanks!smile.gif