Thanks for a great product :) But Help please

thebiznes

I have eventually sort of set my system up with 3 usb Tuners 2 normal 1 HD on a Microserver. The product looks excellent worth every penny although could you please help me with a few questions.

Please if you can add where I might be wrong or a solution I would be most grateful.

1/ Sending a timer from the client to the server is fine, but when I press record whilst watching the server is not updated so no timer shows is this wrong?

2/ I hate playlists and it seems I can play all the files I record locally but store on the server, but when I try to play recordings from the server on the client through the recordings section. The recordings are all there but when I click they will not play. If I force from beginning play they come up with render error and black screen play. If I setup a playlist which I really hate, it will play fine from the playlist menu. This for me has been the worst part of the program not being able to play from the shares for some reason. I don't want to stream really. Am I missing a player codec or something?

Please Please help me here.

3/ MCE remote has been a pain had to buy intelliremote that has been even worse with UAC setup. It still doesn't function correctly I have spent nearly 4 hours solid trying to resolve its hard when you have to go into options and can't actually try your mappings with the remote without leaving the menu. I have an RC6 and use the MCE plugin. If using intellremote do I need a plugin?

4/ Is there an easy way to create NULL channels for my favourites. I have done this once to get all my channels in correct order, but since rescanning lost it have to redo again, but what is the best way to create a NULL EMPTY channel to the list to get correct numbering. If I add BBC for example I clear down some of the numbers and apply, but it sometimes shows the info in timeline on the server. I wish there was a solution to the UK numbering issue. If there is please tell me.

5/ Anything which would be good to add to the system as what are your recommendations as best things to go along with DVBViewer plugin and other wise.

Thanks in advance

I have now no real concerns over the playlist preference or the remote as I hadn't realised the action manger was there. I am amazed at the broadcast quality output im receiving it's a really a great product

Main concern is I have the three recievers in place only one is HD and it seems that although set to preferred device. That it is being taken or used to record SD recordings when recording 3 items. Therefore the HD is not getting recorded as the card had already started recording from the HD in SD. It didn't seem to know the priority of the recording structures and select the correct device for each service. Is there any way to make so HD card always available to record HD? Do I need to change some option or set a condition scripted?