DVBViewer stopped working after Windows 7 crashed

Vellu

I had a BSOD of Windows 7 (EDIT: well DVBViewer actually) yesterday, while I was closing DVBViewer (latest beta-version). When the windows came up again, I started DVBViewer and to my surprise the window was black. I could see the channellist as it used to be, but the channels were all grey, as you can see in the attached picture. Support.zip also included.

I have uninstalled DVBViewer Beta, and installed the latest release of DVBViewer (4.9.6.20), but it didn't help. However I left the settings and the directory there.

I have other programs, which I can use to check if the hardware and their drivers are working, and they are. I can TV programmes

with other software (but currently I don't have licence for them, so I can't use them).

Please help me to solve this problem

Thanks in advance.

post-108218-0-60680900-1350665254_thumb.png

support.zip

Edited by Vellu

Here are some additional things that I noticed.

- I couldn't find the .dvbvkey -file from the DVBViewer directory, but I put it there from the email and executed KeyTool.exe successfully

- whenever I try to open some past recording, DVBViewer crashes

---------------------------------------

[Window Title]

DVBViewer Pro

[Main Instruction]

DVBViewer Pro has stopped working

[Content]

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

[Close program]

---------------------------------------

- There are lots of other icons and menuitems greyed (i.e. not clickable), e.g. under File --> Record Video, Timeshift, Stop timeshift recording, Teletext, pause.

- Event viewer showed these at the time of the problem:

08:54:06:

"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

08:54:19:

"Session "Microsoft Security Client OOBE" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D"

08:54:23:

"CPLIB :: General - Invalid Parameter"

"CPLIB :: General - Invalid Parameter"

"Display is not active"

"The previous system shutdown at 8:54:13 AM on ‎10/‎19/‎2012 was unexpected."

"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000008e (0xc0000005, 0x835126d6, 0xc4d26a98, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 101912-24226-01."

Hmm, it was this morning... Oh well.

After I removed DVBViewer completely, I also lost my tuned channels.

I tried to scan for the channels, but neither 'hae taajuus' or 'hae' (probably "scan frequency", "scan") gave any results.

Then I noticed that the starting frequency was something very low, channel 2.

I increased the frequency to 562000 (channel 32) and started scanning, and immediately there were lots of channels found.

Attached is the picture after the scanning was done.

Channel list remained empty, but then I realized that I had to build the favourite list again.

So the problem does not exist anymore, but I'm still wondering what the heck went wrong in the first place and after that.

- DVBViewer closing caused whole system crash

- After restart DVBViewer didn't show any video or audio, and the channel list was grayed (as well as many other menuitems)

- Total uninstall + reinstall did not help immediately

- Scanning for channels didn't seem to work immediately

- only after changing the starting channel, the scanning was completed

- after updating the favourites, everything was quite ok.

After I removed DVBViewer completely, I also lost my tuned channels.

I tried to scan for the channels, but neither 'hae taajuus' or 'hae' (probably "scan frequency", "scan") gave any results.

Then I noticed that the starting frequency was something very low, channel 2.

I increased the frequency to 562000 (channel 32) and started scanning, and immediately there were lots of channels found.

Attached is the picture after the scanning was done.

post-108218-0-34111200-1350724265_thumb.png

Channel list remained empty, but then I realized that I had to build the favourite list again.

So the problem does not exist anymore, but I'm still wondering what the heck went wrong in the first place and after that.

- DVBViewer closing caused whole system crash

- After restart DVBViewer didn't show any video or audio, and the channel list was grayed (as well as many other menuitems)

- Total uninstall + reinstall did not help immediately

- Scanning for channels didn't seem to work immediately

- only after changing the starting channel, the scanning was completed

- after updating the favourites, everything was quite ok.

EDIT2: and opening some previous .mpg file, that was recorded before these problems, was ok now too. DVBViewer didn't crash anymore when trying to play them.

Edited by Vellu