Coming from MediaPortal.. have questions :)

akiaki

Hi all,

I used MediaPortal for my htpc needs for a few years but I jost got fed up with slow starting and tv problems all the time.

DVBViewer is simply WOW for tv (dvb-s2 and dvb-t) for me, fast switching, and everything else works nicely.

I do, however, have some questions, mainly this:

Is there a way to mimic MP beahviour when browsing favourite folders.

Lets say I have 3 folders, 1: dvb-t, 2:documentaries, 3:movies in which respective channels are entered.

In MP on OK miniEPG window was shown with channel name and now/next in a list but on left or right press on the remote, the favourite group was changed, so if you were in group 1, you press right and you are in group 2...

Can this be mimicked? I now have favourite list, and on back the groups are shown.

Is there any other way?

Also, I would like to connect DVBViewer with xbmc, I was thinking just by xbmc opening DVBViewer, but can this be done via PVR service now and is it working ok?

Thanks in advance :)

Is there any other way?

search in forum about "neutrino cl" plugin

Also, I would like to connect DVBViewer with xbmc, I was thinking just by xbmc opening DVBViewer, but can this be done via

Yes for xbmc there 3 ways, i know,

1. you can configure xbmc, with an addon; to start DVBViewer and when stop dvbviewwer xbmc start again.

2. you can enable upnp in pvr-service setup and add a video-source upnp in xbmc to browse channels (channel-switching is slower as DVBViewer)

3. you can use the addon fron the link and take the new pvr function from xbmc (works by me with xbmc nightly from october 12. channel-switching slower)

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=140645

Edited by TVFreak

I spent the whole day configuring xbmc and .bat and eventghost - such a pain.

I saw on some youtube videos that xbmc opens DVBViewer and hides. I tried that using advanced launcher but when DVBViewer opens, i get really jerky picture with no sound.

I tried different codecs, settings in both xbmc like true fullscreen and in DVBViewer like d3d exclusive mode but nothing works, I had to kill xbmc while opening DVBViewer for tv to work.

How did you set this up?