Increased number of channel groups

SteenJarboel

Hi

It sounds probably odd, but I could use more channelgroups than the 8 possible. I would like to have more than 8 tuners connected with simultanously recording.

Is there a way I can increase the number my self, or do I have to wait for it in a future release.

/Steen

Maybe I have misunderstood something, but my setup is: I have 8 tuners, one for each channelgroup (2 tuners are for DVB-T, one is for DVB-S and 5 for DVB-C). Each tuner is assigned to its own channelgroup. In the channel setup I dedicate each frequency having one or more channels (TV-stations) I want to receive to one specific tuner.

The problem is with my cable-tv, which have a lot of different frequenzies and the channels are scattered over most of them.

So if I want to receive from more than 8 frequenzies (muxes) at the same time, I will need more than 8 channelgroups. Am I wrong?

/Steen

Am I wrong?

Channel groups are only necessary for special purpose. They are intended for manually assigning channels to a certain device *only* if DVBViewer can't do it automatically, e.g. if two DVB-S devices are connected to two separate dishes receiving different satellite positions. In this case DVBViewer can't know which device is able to receive which channels, unless you make it clear.

However, in most cases DVBViewer will automatically select a suitable (unoccupied) device for receiving a channel, e.g. a DVB-T device for a DVB-T channel. You don't have to configure channel groups for it.

If you need more than 8 channel groups, you have most likely misunderstood something, or your concept for handling the problem (whatever it is) is very questionable, or both.