Problem With streaming via web

docdv

I'm using DVBViewer Recording Service 1.21.2.0 I found that streaming channels via web browser (flowplayer) only works at low bitrate profiles. I'm on Gigabit Lan and the streaming only works at maximum "Medium 768" profile. If I use Higher profiles ffmpeg doesn't work.

Flowplayer load and continue spinning in waiting mode, while I start streaming I'm monitoring performance with Task Manager on the server, and I noticed that if I use all profiles below "medium 768", I can see the cpu that go at 50% and begin to encode. If I use Profiles at higer birate than that, the cpu remains at 2 or 3% like ffmpeg not started to encode.

If I stream on Ipad all work!

If I use direct stream all work!

What can I do?

The only thing you can do is give up trying :(

See the thread I posted to about it here. I spent hours trying to get it to work reliably but I eventually concluded that Flowplayer was at fault and there wasn't anything you could do about it. My request to use a different player fell on deaf ears (like most requests here).

I see that Flowplayer have now released an HTML5 player (ie, not Flash) - that may offer a glimmer of hope if Lars chooses to implement it, so we'll have to wait and see.