DVBViewer Won't Start

marcdale

I recently had an issue where when starting DVBViewer the start up process hung at the "Searching DirectShow Components". I uninstalled my Sharks Codec Pack and then reinstalled. No change, so uninstalled DVBViewer and reinstalled, this made no difference. So I uninstalled and removed all folders, registry entries etc for DVBViewer and then re-installed it again.

My current issue that when I try to start the application, or the application in safe mode or in debug mode it doesn't appear to start. When I check task manager it says there is an instance "DVBViewer.exe *32" running, but there is no front end or user interface running. I can't see or do anything and I can't actually kill the process off without rebooting.

I am now out of ideas.

I'm trying to get support data using the support tool, but it also seems to not run. I've just rebooted and then run the support tool and after 10 minutes it's still executing.

Thanks

Edited by marcdale