DVB Source parameters for SD and HD channels

entrecour

In my experience in order to get good or at least reasonably acceptable audio/video synching with channels on Thor I need to carefully set the PTS Latency and Max Queued Audio parameters in DVB Source Properties. (The default settings are too high in my experience for good sync on HD channels). The problem is that the Max Queued Audio setting needed for acceptable sync on HD channels results in no audio and video for some SD channels (e.g. Bloomberg).

e.g. I can set PTS Latency to 270ms and Max Queued Audio to 200ms for many of the HD channels, but for Bloomberg (SD) I need to set Max Queued Audio to 250ms. I have tried this multiple times with the same results. Ideally I would need to be able to have one setting for Max Queued Audio for HD channels and another for SD channels.

Does anyone else have this problem also?

Any suggestions or thoughts for a possible fix?

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried default directsound device in DirectX audio

The dvbsource settings are ok by default but there can be problems with the audio renderer and or mix of video/audio renderer, that's what i have observed.

Tell us more bout the codecs,renderer you use

Thanks for your comments.

Have you tried default directsound device in DirectX audio

Yes, that's what I am using.

Tell us more bout the codecs,renderer you use

I am using LAV 0.53 for Audio and Video.

I have a fairly good setup for audio and video synch now, it's not perfect on some HD channels but's it's the best that I have been able to get so far.