RS 1.21.2.0 wrongly stop too early recording

jirim100

Please,

in Recording service was created timer for recording from 21:35 to 22:30. RS start recording at 21:35:06 but then stop recording at 21:54:22. Without errors, without warnings, without creating next .ts files in the rest of time. Tray icon Recording service switched from red color to brown color.

Edited by jirim100

But for me it happen 3 times per last week (before don't happen). I'm recording approximately 40 recordings per one week.

First theory:

Maybe (?), it depends on free size on the disk and his response (?). Previous weeks was on my harddisk about 300 GB free disk space, but last week only 120 GB free disk space (but in settings of my DVB Recording service is minimum of free disk space 25 GB). But this theory is probably wrong because DVB Recording service using 100 MB buffer.

Second theory:

My provider using for DVB-T COFDM and last week changed mode from 8k to 2k. But why some recording in the last week did successfully and only 3 recordings was stop wrongly?

have no solution, but can say it happens from time to time.. but only sometimes..

But the author of software have to know WHICH of all reasons can cause (in source code) stop recording.

Have had this happen to me a lot recently too, but since there is no obvious reason, I did not post. Did wonder if it might be the PDC kicking in at the wrong time. Will turn it off and see if there is an improvement. There may be other reasons, but not going to go into them here.

Edited by Cian

Have had this happen to me a lot recently too, but since there is no obvious reason, I did not post. Did wonder if it might be the PDC kicking in at the wrong time. Will turn it off and see if there is an improvement. There may be other reasons, but not going to go into them here.

Please, what is PDC and how can I disable it on Windows 7?

Edited by jirim100

PDC is only used on some German channels, AFAIK. Since you posted on the English forum, I'm guessing you're not in Germany.

I have had some problems with timings when daylight saving is on, but your problem could simply be a bad signal. Your svcdebug.log file shows a lot of signal errors, though I couldn't tell if they matched with the recording times. Check that log next time you have a partial recording..

PDC is only used on some German channels, AFAIK. Since you posted on the English forum, I'm guessing you're not in Germany.

Yes, I'm not in Germany and I have got for all time PDC disabled !!

I have had some problems with timings when daylight saving is on, but your problem could simply be a bad signal. Your svcdebug.log file shows a lot of signal errors, though I couldn't tell if they matched with the recording times. Check that log next time you have a partial recording..

No, my signal is OK, is very good. I don't know why is in svcdebug.log too many lines with "ParseSI Bad CRC" (these errors are during all recordings). When I watch television with "DVBViewer Pro" I don't see any artifact in video or in sound and program show me 100 % quality of signal. Similarly, when I check recorded .ts files with program "TS Doctor" or "VideoReDo" - all recordings are without errors.