Acces to Recording Service from Ipad

McenterFreak

I would like to use my iPad for programming timers in my Recording Service, witch is located at 192.168.1.59 port 8089. But when i type http://192.168.1.59:8089 in Safari, or the same address with /iphone after, nothing happens. The iPad is connected via WiFi, and connects fine to Internet. I have also tried with the servername, but no luck. If i do the same from a PC, no problem

Any ideas?

Tried to deactivate your Firewall for testing? Did you notice, that there is a webapp for iPad?

I think you mean the firewall on the Recording Server machine, because there is no Firewall on the iPad. There is no change when disabling the Firewall on Recording Service machine. I would like to have the same Webinterface as i have on my PC's, so i haven't installed the iPad Web interface

Did you configure the port 8089 for the Webif in the recording service? Normally, port 8089 is used for different things. The default port for the Webif is either 8080 or just 80 .

Did you configure the port 8089 for the Webif in the recording service? Normally, port 8089 is used for different things. The default port for the Webif is either 8080 or just 80 .

Yes it is configured to port 8089, because i use port 80 for other purposes. It works fine from a Windows PC, as you can see in my atachment

• 3 weeks later...

well, if that windows machine that you can connect from is different from the one running the RS then that narrows down the problem to the ipad/safari. I only have an ipod (ios 6, previous versions worked as well) but that works without problem (though I use the specifc page for the ipod/iphone) so problem is not connected to safari in general.