BlackGold BGT3630

vladaepro

Hello

i'm about purchasing this card, but i can't find any info is DISEQC is working from DVBViewer, and which versions (i would be happy even with 1.0 in general)? I found some posts about working S2 or T/T2, but nobody mentioned diseqc.

Also, card is not on list of supported devices on http://www.DVBViewer.com/en/index.php?page=features, so is that mean it may work but not tested?

Thanx

Hi, I am not sure if it can help.

I have bgt3540 and it works very well.

Thanx. It's good to know if i don't get some response about 3630 exactly.

But i suppose they have same/similar BDA interface (and 3540 is also not on DVBViewer supported cards list).

Btw which diseqc version you are using?

• 2 weeks later...

I got the card finally. But unfortunately i can't make it working with diseqc :(

Other card i have is TT S2-3200 and diseqc is working fine with it (1.0 - AA/AB/BA/BB).

Is there any things i can try to tweak/hack by myself or it will only work if development team add direct support for the card inside app?

Is there some info i could supply in order to dev team think about implementing that?

Thanx

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/2210-how-to-post-bugs-or-problems-correctly/

Maybe DiSEqC can be enabled by a tweak, but I need to see your support.zip before I can tell you more.

Thanx for responding, here it is.

Also, card is BlackGold BGT3630 - http://shop.blackgold.tv/epages/BT3159.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT3159/Products/BGT3630

Card drivers version 8.1.1.2

Motherbord is Asus P8H67-M LX, intel H67 (B3) chipset

Using integrated intel HD 2500 graphics

Let me know if i need to supply something more

support.zip

Ok, let's have a closer look at it.

Your card has not been detected as "BlackGold" by DVBViewer, because it is quite new. It is not in the DVBViewer hardware database yet.

In this case DVBViewer applies a standard BDA DiSEqC handling that has been introduced by MS with Windows 7. Since you have Windows 7, it should work in theory. If it doesn't, one of the following reasons may apply:

- Your DiSEqC settings are wrong. Quite unlikely if they work with the TT 3200.

- There is a general problem with the BGT3630 and your DiSEqC switch. They don't like each other.

- The BlackGold driver doesn't support the DiSEqC method mentioned above, or it doesn't support it properly. Would be strange for a device that is supposed to work with Windows 7 Media Center.

Anyway - the DiSEqC method applied by DVBViewer can be tweaked in the file hardware.xml, that is located in the configuration folder (see Help Menu in DVBViewer Pro). Open the file with a text editor, e.g. NotePad. Find the sections containing a line like

<entry name="Name">7231 BDA DVBS Tuner (5)</entry>

You will also see a line

<entry name="Vendor">0</entry>

there. The value 0 means "no particular vendor detected". You can try other values in the following way:

1) Close DVBViewer

2) Change the value for both DVB-S tuners

3) Save the changes

4) Re-launch DVBViewer and test DiSEqC.

Repeat step 1...4 for each value. Promising values are 6, 7 and 26, because they stand for commonly used DiSEqC methods. My first guess for BlackGold would be 6. Good luck :)

Thank you for detailed instructions!

Unfortunately i was no luck, tried all vendors 1-30 (should i try over 30 also, ant up to which one?). I than installed fresh XP on other partition and tried with demo version of DVBViewer, to be sure it's not the os/driver issue, but still the same.

I'll try to get new diseqc to try, do you have some recommendation what should i look for? Should it be 1.0, 1.1 or maybe 1.2 (i saw on instruction manual that this card support 1.2, but not sure is that mean UP to 1.2, or ONLY 1.2)? Also, is there some specific vendor/model which is more compatible than others?

Regards

Unfortunately i was no luck, tried all vendors 1-30

Well, then I can't tell why it doesn't work. No need to check additional values.

Should it be 1.0, 1.1 or maybe 1.2

DiSEqC 1.2 devices / switches are downward compatible. They all support DiSEqC 1.0. DiSEqC 1.2 only means additional support for motorized dishes.

i saw on instruction manual that this card support 1.2

Maybe, maybe not. This post suggests that BlackGold is a reseller that doesn't know much about DiSEqC ;) I wouldn't buy BlackGold if I need reliable DiSEqC support.

• 3 weeks later...

I have installed 5.0 today, as i saw that BlackGold 3630 card is added to the db: "Add: Hardware db: Added DVBSky 9580, DVBSky T982, DVBSky T980C, BlackGold BGT3630, AVer3D Satellite TV R889."

Now app is detecting the card as Vendor 6, but i still have no luck with diseqc (Was tried 3 different models until now - 2 x 1.0 and 1 x 1.1) :|

So i'm curious, what adding the card to the db actually mean, is it related to diseqc or to some other things? Also, do you have any confirmation from any user that this card is working with any diseqc? And if you have, can you please share withl me (if you have that info) what version/model of diseqc, drivers, os?

Thanx

So i'm curious, what adding the card to the db actually mean, is it related to diseqc or to some other things?

Well, it is now detected as a DVB-S2 card, without requiring manual correction.

Also, do you have any confirmation from any user that this card is working with any diseqc?

Not really. Vendor = 6 is more or less a guess. The chipset is similar to the one of another vendor who uses this DiSEqC method.

However, the BGT3630 should support the BDA standard DiSEqC method introduced by MS with Windows 7. It is still an open question which of the following two possibilities applies:

- There is a general problem with the BGT3630 and your DiSEqC switch. They don't like each other.

- The BlackGold driver doesn't support the DiSEqC method mentioned above, or it doesn't support it properly. Would be strange for a device that is supposed to work with Windows 7 Media Center.

Disecq works fine here with the BGT3630.

So there are 2 possibilities - my device is faulty or not compatible with my diseqc :(

Can you please tell me exact model of your diseqc and i'll try to get one? Do you make some adjustments in DVBViewer settings or it's working by default?

Which OS/drivers you are using?

Thanx in advance

After exchanging few messages with retro (thanx again man), and testing Windows 7 64 bit, i have realized that it can be only faulty device or diseqc incompatibility. As sar diseqc is not quite cheap (about 30 eur here) i have borrowed oscilloscope from friend in order to check is my BGT card even sending diseqc commands.

Hopefully, i have captured commands out from card when tuning to channels in DVBViewer. Just, i must admit the signal itself don't look quite good to me (as for my cheap diseqcs either), but i'm guessing the better device (sar) can handle such garbage...

Here the visual comparison attached - upper one is from TT S2-3200, and lower from BGT 3630. Ideally, diseqc bits should look like intervals of 22khz tone and delays - upper scope looks like that but i wouldn't say the same for lower one...

post-102972-0-69930200-1358277096_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey

Just want to thanx you guys once again for effort and patience, as i got my setup working - SAR 411 finally arrived, and working like a charm, just out of the box! Viva 'made in Germany' :)

Edited by vladaepro
  • 4 weeks later...