Lost my .ini

taywood

I needed to re download my program V4.9.6.20 and then I started to modify things - always a big mistake!

I have 3 LNB's for 13/19.2/28.2E so I downloaded the latest transponders and sited them as usual in the Transponder Folder

in my C/Programs/DVBViewer but I didnt get a picture.

Then I tried TransEdit for the first time, all three entries were there (0282.ini for example) and I tried the programme.

I did a Scan All for each of them separately in Trans Edit and got a result (28.2E.ini) and added these to the Transponder Folder.

Believing these were unique to my scans and I thought it would be simpler to remove the first three transponders (0282.ini)

from the Transponder Folder. It didnt work and I now have no .ini's displayed in my Channellist/Channellist Editor or in the box in TransEdit.

In my Transponder Folder the 3 Older entries are 4kb size and the 3 new entries are 1043kb size.

Where do I go from here please?

and then I started to modify things - always a big mistake!

Only if you are acting blindly without consulting the manual.

and sited them as usual in the Transponder Folder in my C/Programs/DVBViewer

Usually they have to be stored in the Configuration Folder\Transponders subdirectory, not in the program files folder.

I did a Scan All for each of them separately in Trans Edit and got a result (28.2E.ini) and added these to the Transponder Folder.

INI files exported from the TransEdit Scanner Window are channellist files, not transponderlist files. They serve a different purpose.

Continue reading here:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/50811-ge-not-seeing-target-root-file/page__view__findpost__p__375679

Job Closed. All three sats now running normally. Thank You to Griga.

Thanks also for forcing me to spend some time reading and trying to understand the big words

in the Trans Edit Manual. Straight forward scanning is just the easy bit.

Looking back in the Forum I found an old post from me explaining I'm old and have poor PC skills.

Thats not changed, I'm still struggling.