Struggling with frequencies

Whistler

Hello again,

My cable operator updated their network and changed their frequencies and now I cant see anything from the system!

I have forgotten how to set/ get frequencies back.

Problem is to get channel frequency right. What happens now, I go to start frequency and set 243000 and end frequency I set 450000.

My operator has operating frequencies now 243.000 - 418.000, thus this need to change the channels.

Program starts to scan, BUT - it goes to 233.500Mhz, NOT to 234.000 what actually is needed.

I had this same problem maybe 2 years ago, but I cant remember anymore what I did to get the frequency remaining what I set.

Anyone kindly help me - again? :)

Looks like you need a suitable transponder list for scanning.

Transponder lists are basically frequency lists that tell DVBViewer which frequencies it shall try. They are stored in the DVBViewer Configuration Folder\Transponders subdirectory as INI files.

There is a tool for viewing, creating and changing transponder lists: TransEdit (download from the members area). Store TransEdit.exe in the DVBViewer installation directory (where DVBViewer.exe is) and launch it. On the left side of the TransEdit Main Window you will see all available transponder lists. Click on the Position column header to sort the lists by position resp. type, making it easier to find the cable transponder lists. After selecting one of them you will see the contained frequencies listed on the right side.

Now check if one of the cable transponder lists is suitable for you or at least close to what you want. You may modify it or create a new empty list (File -> New List -> Cable) and enter frequencies and symbol rate values on the right side. Additionally the correct modulation may be required, depending on the auto-detection capabilites of your DVB device. Click Add on the right side to add an entry to the transponder list, or Apply to change the values of the selected entry.

The TransEdit Scanner allows to check immediately if a transponder list entry works (= delivers scan results). Select it and click "Scan Selected". If you get results, you may add them to the DVBViewer channnellist - see TransEdit manual. Or save the new/modified transponder list in TransEdit and select it for scanning in the DVBViewer scanner window.

If you are lucky, your provider is broadcasting a Network Information Table (NIT), containing all frequencies and other relevant parameters. In this case one working transponder list entry may be enough to get all of them automatically. Click the Update Button in the TransEdit Main Window. This will start a special scan. Not for channels, but for frequencies. TransEdit will try to read the NIT on each transponder in the list. If TransEdit finds a NIT, it will add all the frequencies to the list after the Update Scan is finished.

Hello Griga and thanks of Your commenting.

I have tried to find transponder list from other users, but no luck.

I import my old transponder list, no go. I scan all channels what my operator has announced, seems that they dont have NIT available. They change frequencies as well as QAM to be now 256, as it was earlier 128.

I end to change frequencies and QAM's manually in channel editor. But that caused strange thing, now some of the channels can be seen, but theres no audio, or channel shows "channels 5" but in real its channel 1. And it may be with or without audio..... I have only one channel operative - sigh.

I rather not reisntall those channels again, but I dont think I have much choises?

Problem with Sonera is that they used even MegaHertz, instead what DVB gives with 500 KHz = I need 234000 Mhz, but DVB give 233500MHz.

I fight with this problem few years ago, but of course I didnt do notes how I solve the problem, and now I cant remember how it was.

Any ideas how I could proceed? Or should I just do reinstall?? I wonder where my key is........

Sorry I came up again with this problem. Thanks of your kindness

Edited by Whistler
I end to change frequencies and QAM's manually in channel editor.

Wrong place. Change frequencies and modulation as described with TransEdit in order to get a working and complete transponder list for scanning.

But that caused strange thing, now some of the channels can be seen, but theres no audio, or channel shows "channels 5" but in real its channel 1.

Because there are more changes than just the frequency and modulation. Most likely values like Service ID, Audio-PIDs etc. have also changed. You need to re-scan the channels, and for this you need a transponder list. No way around it.

Thanks of baring with me.

I think I find the problem.

With TransEdit, I had;

Filter1: Both

Filter2: Both - (TV and radio) This caused the problem.

I set Filter2 for TV and now It find cazillion channels with lots of info.

I will see what happens now.

Edited by Whistler