DVBViewer crash

skender

DVBViewer crashes whenever there is a channel

that isn't getting enough signal...

Probably you use an unstable video decoder that crashes due to the broken input data. Did you try Cyberlink or LAV? They are quite stable in my experience.

@developers: Wouldn't it be possible to outsource the signal decoding into a separate process so that crashes would not affect the DVBViewer application? This is what also modern browsers do with plugins... I think it would be easy to transfer the received stream to a different process (as an in-memory-operation) that hosts the decoder and provides the rendered represention back to DVBViewer. Advantage: DVBViewer can detect if that process crashes and re-start the decoding again automatically.

DVBViewer 5.0 and all previous versions indeed crash when tune to a channel with weak signal. I tried Cyberlink PDVD10 and Microsoft DTV-DVD video decoders with the same results.

I'm using windows7 x64.

Every time DVBViewer crashes, at the next PC shutdown I get a blue screen and my PC restarts instead of shutting down. So at the next restart I also get a windows critical error message:

[removed]

§ 13

Do not ask for or discuss plugins for descrambling/decrypting pay-tv or key-codes.

Although the DVBViewer Pro provides full pay-tv functionality it must only be used in combination with a valid subscription of a pay-tv provider, a tv-card/box featuring a "conditional access module" (CAM)and/or the corresponding "common interface" (CI) with a smart-card. This applies regardless whether software-descrambling is allowed in your country or not.

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

[removed]

§ 13

Do not ask for or discuss plugins for descrambling/decrypting pay-tv or key-codes.

Although the DVBViewer Pro provides full pay-tv functionality it must only be used in combination with a valid subscription of a pay-tv provider, a tv-card/box featuring a "conditional access module" (CAM)and/or the corresponding "common interface" (CI) with a smart-card. This applies regardless whether software-descrambling is allowed in your country or not.

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules