Restart on tasks... Recording Service

ramonchin

Hi.

It would be very usefull "Restart PC" on Recordingservice in order to fix some device hang...so RS loads again and it keeps running.

On the other hand It would be nice to watch our matroskas and another personal stuff on internet, using the webinterface for example...not only upnp

Edited by ramonchin
  • 2 months later...

You can add your own tasks to the Process Tasks section on the Tasks tab. I have used this batch file for restarting the Recordingservice;

NET STOP DVBVRecorder
ping 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 2000
NET STart DVBVRecorder

The Ping command introduces a 2000 millisecond delay before restarting the service. I had to introduce a delay otherwise a locked up service wouldn't restart correctly.

I also use this to restart the machine remotely as that command is also missing;

shutdown /r /f -t 10

Just save the text into a .txt file in notepad and then change the file extension to .bat you can then add it in the configuration settings.