HDMI display after standby

QBox User

Can DVBViewer Pro disable the display on resuming from sleep mode?

My PC runs both Recording Service for tuning/recording and DVBViewer Pro as client. It is connected to a HDMI port of a Panasonic TV. The TV can "auto-select" the PC when I command it to wake (from remote, mouse or keyboard), switching automatically from the TV tuner to the PC, then back again when the PC returns to sleep. That's good, as it saves having to operate the TV remote as well.

When RS wakes the PC, the display remains off and the TV stays on its tuner. This is fine. However, if the client has been left running before standby (but not receiving any stream), then the display comes on and TV watching is interrupted. This is a minor annoyance to me, but a bigger one to other users, who don't know how to switch back to the TV.

Is it possible to change this behaviour of the client so the display remains off, at least until the user issues a command? This would improve usability.

I can close down the client before the PC enters sleep, but it needs multiple remote commands to do this, then takes such a long time to start up (reloading channels, EPG) that I'd prefer to leave it running, ready for immediate use.