Recording Service -> Web Player not working, and DLNA or direct st

iNzzane

Hi, struggling a bit here. I got Recording service running on a computer, its using a DVB-S Card (Asus PS3 - 100). The hardware setup is okay, as I can watch channel with DVBViewer set up with a Unicast device pointing towards the Recording service, but I just cant get that damn beautifull recording server to make use of web-streaming, vlc direct streaming or DLNA. The EPG works and all the channels are there. Read about changing FFMPEG version, and so I did. Replaved FFMPEG.exe in the DVBViewer install folder (32-bit static) tried several different versions. But still no luck. Any help out there :)? I try all of this locally, the server does not have a firewall enabled.

I close DVBViewer when i try to use Recording Services.

Attached are the support files generated by SupportTool.exe :)

Thanks for any help.

support.zip

Edited by iNzzane

Hi, struggling a bit here. I got Recording service running on a computer, its using a DVB-S Card (Asus PS3 - 100). The hardware setup is okay, as I can watch channel with DVBViewer set up with a Unicast device pointing towards the Recording service, but I just cant get that damn beautifull recording server to make use of web-streaming, vlc direct streaming or DLNA. The EPG works and all the channels are there. Read about changing FFMPEG version, and so I did. Replaved FFMPEG.exe in the DVBViewer install folder (32-bit static) tried several different versions. But still no luck. Any help out there :)? I try all of this locally, the server does not have a firewall enabled.

Hi

What Versions of ffmpeg did you try?

Any version olden than Jan 03 2013 should work properly.

Where did you change this version?

You have to do this on the pc the RS is installed.

Did you try to connect to the RS with any other DNLA-enabled client, as VLC or XBMC or a SMART-TV?

Edited by goscho

I tried two of the december versions of 2012. I change it on te RS server, how do I do it correct? Now im copying the ffmpeg.exe and licenses files into to DVBViewer install folder. Is this method correct? Yeah, my Smart-TV, VLC or XBMC wont work.

So, now I'm using the 28 December 2012 build, I downloaded the static 64-bit version and found the ffmpeg.exe file in the bin folder inside the rar. I then copy the ffmpeg.exe files into the program folder of DVBViewer. This is the only file I need to copy? Right? I also tried the same procedure with the 32-bit version. But still no luck getting streaming, to work. It dont work online on the webinterface, VLC streaming does not work, and Upnp to the TV dont work. Does all this depend on the ffmpeg? Or do I have another problem? DVBViewer does work, with a unicast device pointed at Recording Service indicating that hardware setup on the Recording Service side are workin fine.

Anyone have any idea of whats wrong?

I'm thinking issues with your firewall,ports not open and recording service not setup correctly. The flash web streaming is used with ffmpeg. Vlc direct streaming doesn't need it.

Firewall disabled, ports are open. And Recording service should be set-up correctly since i can use Unicast device from DVBViewer? I cant even use VLC from the host pc. Any box to tick i forget? :S[removed]

I got it to work, doh.. such a stupid little detail left out.. [removed] and for recording serivce to work, u need to make a folder named plugin1 in the /plugin folder.. else RS wont decrypt and show any encrypted channels. :-)

Now i got upnp, and vlc to work just fine, tried the new XBMC 12 build with PVR support, and enabled the DVBViewer backand addon.. working flawless with epg, fast channel switching and all that other neat stuff! I'm in love :)

§ 13

Do not ask for or discuss plugins for descrambling/decrypting pay-tv or key-codes.

Although the DVBViewer Pro provides full pay-tv functionality it must only be used in combination with a valid subscription of a pay-tv provider, a tv-card/box featuring a "conditional access module" (CAM)and/or the corresponding "common interface" (CI) with a smart-card. This applies regardless whether software-descrambling is allowed in your country or not.

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules