osdUpdates for DVBViewer 2.3beta

Guest Lars_MQ

Guest Lars_MQ

I uploaded some Updates for the osdPluginsinto the membersarea.

You don't need to update, the DVBViewer 2.3 will run fine with the old plugins, but if you want to use the new osdWeather plugin, you'll have to update :bye:

No big changes, you can keep you skins, most of the settings will survive the update also. just copy the files over the old ones.

What's new?

Most changes were made to the inner workings of newOSD. The painting should run a little bit smoother.

The games are only changed to work with the new OSD.

The osdTimeline plugin can display the tvstation logos if they are present in the images/logos folder. To deactivate this feature just change in the osdTimeline.ini following line:

ShowLogo=0

The new Plugins do NOT work with Version 2.2rc1!!

Have fun

lars

This is the end of the newOSD Plugin, no further development only bugfixes. I'm working now on the new internal OSD of the DVBViewer. Maybe we start first betatest in about 2-3 weeks (just a OSD-Standalone for testing und bughunting :bye: )

• 2 weeks later...

I've a got a problem with newOSD and 2.3Beta. When newOSD is selected as the default osd, the computer beeps (I'm not joking!), though not preventing it from working correctly; but hearing that loud beep continuosly is not exactely "fun"...

I'm using WinXP SP2, 4.2.8 and 2.3 Beta with DVBViewer Filter Classic (the new one works really slowly) on a AMD 3200+ with 1 GB RAM.

Any suggestion?

Guest Lars_MQ

Well, this should never happen... :idiot:

I've looked into the source and it seems, that one debug beep, only played when an unexspected error happens, was forgotten to remove.

But you're the first one where it actually beeped. I wonder why.

Maybe you can help me tracking down the error...

All settings in the options point to valid dirs? does it beep every second or is the beeping further apart?

Thanks

lars

...I also have the same situation (DVBViewer 2.3beta "2nd silent update" and all renewed Lars' newOSD) and of course the same high-loud beep as mighty...

...but I haven't noticed if it belong from newOSD (I can't live without it, namely for the timeline, a big thank to Lars!), and I can't test now because I'm recording a long film (beep, beep, beep!)...

I have instead noticed that after a while changing some DVBViewer option (searching the cause...) it beep at every mouse click, with a special double beep when is clicked "OK" to exit the "Options" window... normally it beeps approximately every two second, but not every time...

Gioxy

Guest Lars_MQ

ok I uploaded the test version. I hope this will solve the problem. The beep is can happen in two functions. One is lethal, so newOSD would never show up (this seems not to be the problem :P ) an one has a backup function this is hopefully the problem. It shouldn't be a problem the backup function does work, it seems.

hope it help, feedback appreciated :idiot:

lars

Now it works! Thanks man! :Pp

@Griga: By "slow" I mean that, after a few minutes, I lose audio and then video becomes choppy...

This is a fresh install and I had the same problem before formatting, with 4.3.0 drivers (now I have 4.2.8).

By "slow" I mean that, after a few minutes, I lose audio and then video becomes choppy...

That's a known problem. Fixed in the latest update of DVBViewer 2.3. Please download again and tell us wether it works...

@Lars

...the beep is gone also for me, tanks a lot, above all from my ears! :P

BTW: if I try to change the image path from the plugin menu, OSD options, the file browser window that appear start from "Computer resource" instead of the current image dir, while changing the skin path works well; another little thing: in the help you write about a "Logo" folder instead of "Logos" you zipped in the logopack...

Cheers

Gioxy

Guest Lars_MQ

hrmpf well I guess I was a little bit distracted while writing the help ;)

Correct is "logos" folder. About the Openfiledialog, that one I didn't notice. I will change it, if I do a bugfix release before the next DVBViewer release.

But as I said before, there will no further development for the newOSD. There will be a new and way better version of the OSD in the next major release of the DVBViewer and I'm currently working on it. Well in the moment I make a extended timeline view for it which will be much nicer as the old osdTimeline ;)

There are also serveral enhancements in other OSD areas :P

If you use the OSD you will love it, I'm very sure

lars

[edit] Btw. this is the right time if you have any ideas/wishes for the osd (or it's subparts as timeline etc) ;) [/edit]

Guest Lars_MQ

You mean in Overlay mode with the build in OSD? that's possible even now with the newOSD but it depents on the skin. Skins with images can't be made semitransparent (in Overlay).

Simply set in the newosd.ini under [Main]

Semitransparent=1

an try the graphics skin (with only few images) or the build in skin of the newOSD. Remember to close the DVBViewer before changing the value.

The feature will be also in the next Version (but with the same limitations).

lars

@ Lars

But as I said before...

Sorry, you are right, I just forgot...

this is the right time if you have...

I've got just someone... ;) (and maybe not all depending by your add-on)...

So, regarding the whole newOSD (or whatever you'd like to name the new-newOSD) they are:

• accessibility of all menu commands (specially of the plugins; e.g. I'm thinking about PiP...)

• a page of What-Are-Now-Watching Info (=the info reported on the status line and maybe some other more like station name, freq, pid etc...)

• a page tath show the actual setting of the DiSEqC (very very apreciated!) and the level of signal (maybe with some audio to help centering the dish...)

• a page of DVBViever-System related Info (like actual filter, disk space remaining and so on...)

• a page that show the actual timer programming entries

...and specifically regarding the Timeline:

• skinnability

• event bar colored by event type (please! ...it seems to me that you (uhm, maybe Christian?) already promise that...)

• event search (but I can't figure how to use it with remote... ;) )

• event filtering (e.g. by type)

• uhu, nothing more? ;)

Thanks, thanks, thanks, also if you can build only one of these... :P

Cheers

Gioxy

Edited by Gioxy
Guest Lars_MQ

Well we have a recording dialog :P

Don't be fooled by the simple look of the windows, these are fully skinable like in the newOSD. I use it only for development, because I spend first time in programming and then make it nice looking ;) Also it will support languages like everything else inside the DVBViewer. AND everything is mouse, keyboard or remote control accessible.

post-23-1100023429_thumb.png

Guest Lars_MQ

we have a programmed timer window.

Here you can see the clock in the upper right corner you turn on and off independently from the current shown OSD. Thats the new stuff besides the known windows, which will have all extended functionality. The weather and timeline are currently reworked and integrated into the osd. And media management with a integrated fast and lean sql database is also working for now (well partly :P ).

The systems windows, I have to ask christian how and if I can obtain the data. Then the displaying will be easy.

The timeline, well it's fully skinable but because of this it will be difficult to color the event bar by event type, I have to see if there is a way to do it, without performance loss...

post-23-1100023694_thumb.jpg

Hi Lars!

...very good and fast work, my best one compliment (above all for the mice/key/RC accessibility!) :unsure:

it will be difficult to color the event bar by event type

I don't know how you realized the skincore and how the bar rendering and moving around is realized, but I hazard to say that I see only tho way to relize that:

1) setting the color during the bar creation (that would not have to be a big performance problem, don't know when moving around...), or

2) to colorize it after a first gray render, "frame by frame" (when moving around), like now it did to evidenziate in yellow the event with the VolumeUp an Down, and still I can't see too much performance problem... (ehm, maybe it will flash a bit...)

But all considered I think that also you consider more effective and elegant the first solution...

integrated fast and lean sql database is also working for now

wow, very interesting! If I can read between the lines I also can think that the same sql core is serving something other (channel list? :radscorpion:)

Thanks, thanks, thanks!

Gioxy

Guest Lars_MQ
wow, very interesting! If I can read between the lines I also can think that the same sql core is serving something other (channel list? )

Well it is used for the recordings und all mediarelated stuff.

It would be too much moving channel and epg and so on to the database. at least for now. maybe christian decides thats a good idea. but I doubt, it will be in the next mayor release.

I don't know how you realized the skincore and how the bar rendering and moving around is realized, but I hazard to say that I see only tho way to relize that:

1) setting the color during the bar creation (that would not have to be a big performance problem, don't know when moving around...), or

2) to colorize it after a first gray render, "frame by frame" (when moving around), like now it did to evidenziate in yellow the event with the VolumeUp an

Well the principle is simple, there is a template for every main element and the skinengine generates the needed elements out of the templates on the fly.

All elements can be images or (like in the old version) graphics (colored rectangles). with colored rectangles you have no performance problem giving them a new color. BUT if you start to colorize 32-bit colorimages with alpha channel it gets messy :radscorpion: It takes a whole lot of cpupower. I will make some tests to see how bad it would be...

lars