HD channels 100% CPU and DVBViewer freeze

cargen

Hi All,

i bought a new Tv Tuner (TBS6981).

it is a DVB-S2 card, so i am trying to watch HD channels.

when I tune on an HD channel, DVBViewer hangs and CPU is 100%.

is the issue related to a pc performance issue or it is a DVBViewer issue?

my specs are:

CPU: AMD Sempron 140 2.70 GHz

Ram: 2gb

Motherboard: M4A78LT-M

Integrated ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 GPU

windows 7 32 bit.

thanks a lot for any comment

..get yourself a new pc :whistle:

Really?

SD channels works well.

i have just got all this last year.

if i change only the cpu, do you think i will solve the problem?

or should i go for an apu motherboard?

Thanks

Really?

SD channels works well.

First you need to make sure are selecting the right decoder, in DVBViewer Settings>Options>DirectX what is listed as MPEG2, H264, & VC1 decoder?

First you need to make sure are selecting the right decoder, in DVBViewer Settings>Options>DirectX what is listed as MPEG2, H264, & VC1 decoder?

I have spent a lot playing with that setting.

I have tried the ATI codec, latest Lav filter (enabling the DVXA) and also i have played with the custom renders.

a strange thing, when I record the channel and watch it with VLC, i don't have any problem.

thanks all for your comments and suggestions

a strange thing, when I record the channel and watch it with VLC, i don't have any problem.

..doesn't need to be strange. Playback can slow down when there is a lack of processing power but live play can't wait <_<

I have spent a lot playing with that setting.

I have tried the ATI codec, latest Lav filter (enabling the DVXA) and also i have played with the custom renders.

thanks all for your comments and suggestions

Try selecting Microsoft DTV-DVD decoder for MPEG2 & H264, and you should always use EVR custom renderer in Windows 7.

Try selecting Microsoft DTV-DVD decoder for MPEG2 & H264, and you should always use EVR custom renderer in Windows 7.

I use these settings on a system with only 1.6GHz dual-core. Without hardware acceleration, this will be pushed to 80% CPU, but using DXVA it should drop to 25% or less.

Check your GPU is enabled. It might be easier to do this with LAV, where the properties can be set. Performance should be similar to the Microsoft decoder.

I use these settings on a system with only 1.6GHz dual-core. Without hardware acceleration, this will be pushed to 80% CPU, but using DXVA it should drop to 25% or less.

Check your GPU is enabled. It might be easier to do this with LAV, where the properties can be set. Performance should be similar to the Microsoft decoder.

My Hauppauge states minimum 3.2Ghz single core for HD, the OPs CPU 'AMD Sempron 140 2.70 GHz' is single core, so maybe DVBViewer handling the stream & passing HD to the video it can't cope.

OP did you look in LAV video configuration & enable one of the DXVA2 settings?