Empty recordings/ Crashing

janip

Just can't understand what is problem. Maybe there is some issues in database? epg search works ok now.

All tuners works just fine.

Have to try older version...

I think that i find issue. I have some old dvbv install on my server pc, i think it is 4.9.2. Some database issue?

All seems to work now, with 5.0.

Maybe recservice installation could check dvbv version?

When RS crashes usually points to the tuner drivers. Have these tuners worked without issue before (with the driver versions you are using)? Did you update any drivers recently?

I add that technotred tuner about month ago, but i try to remove that tuner from service, no change. Maybe i have to try remove drivers too? Anysees are old tuners.

I get allways those three or two short recordings and then service just crash. Last time i see, that recordings wont stop. Is there any better log, where i can see problem? Maybe there is something wrong with signal...

Problems with signal usually dont crash RS as far as I know. Unfortunately the logs wont give you any information about driver related issues. The tuner you added recently could also be faulty. I would start to remove it (physically) from the PC and go from there.

Edited by majstang

That technotrend tuner is old one too. I just install drivers last month.

http://pastebin.com/kzeih4TQ

Same crash happens with anysee too. I can see, that service is crash ones and then it just hang. There is three non-stop recordig.

Maybe i have to clean those databases...

What this mean?

22.01.13 12:25:00.334 TVCR.Process Thread-Fehler: The handle is invalid (6)

Edited by janip

Hi janip!

For a Delphi programmer that log would give some clues, but not for most folks, sorry! Unforunately there is not much else to say besides crashes are usually caused by tuners issues, either driver or hardware problems. Only choice for you would be to test your tuners one by one to pinpoint the problematic one. Easiest would be to stop RS, then disable all tuners but the one you wanna test in the windows device manager, delete svchardware.xml and .bak config file, restart RS and test.

I test all devices with DVBViewer, no problem. Have to test better, if crashing does not stop.

Yesterday i delete cmuv folder and re-install recservice. All is ok now, but lets see couple days.

I have pretty old installs and i don't boot my pc.

oh, it will crash again. There is one non-stop recording now.

non-stop2.JPG

http://pastebin.com/JW6vKh8Z

I think i will remove all anysee usb-devices, and try just dvb-c techntotrend...

Lars, do you have any idea what is wrong?

Edit: I see this error again. It is that non-stop recording real end time.

23.01.13 11:30:00.686 TVCR.Process Thread-Fehler: The handle is invalid (6)

Edited by janip

Same hande is invalid error again, only with technotrend dvb-c card.

Can't understad that issue anymore... Can't be drivers.

Have to do windows update and boot my server...

Ok. Now i think i find real problem. I check my antenna cabels and can't find any problem. Then i adjust more gain to antenna amplifier. => No more emtpy recordings or crashing any more. (hope so...) Something is change cable network.

That crashing is really litte bit strange, becouse there is no problem, when i watch live tv. Why service made those non-stop recordings and why it crash? Those empty recordings are of course normal, when signal is too weak.

btw, i check that nextpvr. I think it works, but xbmc-pvr is poor. SLOW channel switch and buffering...

xbmc is best mediacenter software and recservice is best for recordings. I hope, that sometimes we can direct use those service unicast devices.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Now i find real problem. There is nothing wrong with recording service, or my antenna amplefier.

One memory stick was broken. Yesterday chrome and lightroom start crashing, and then i get bsod.

Before yesterday only recording service crash, all other programs works ok.

Very annoying problem. I allmost change to cable tv box...