Guest Lars_MQ

Guest Lars_MQ

osdWeather Plugin 0.95

---------------------

Weather data provided by

weather.com

Installation:

-------------

ATTENTION the osdWeather plugin needs newOSD 0.95 and DVBViewer 2.3beta. You need also a internet connection for the city setup and to download the weatherdata.

There are two zip files: osdWeatherImg.zip and osdweather.zip. Unpack both into the DVBViewer path.

Installation instruction in the readme.txt.

Download as usally in the membersarea :bye:

have fun

lars

post-23-1098643966_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

OK, this seems to be my luck evening... :idiot:

Now newOSD works perfectly, the same for DVBViewer Filter, BUT when I try to open osdWeather I get this error:

ExceptionError in Modul osdWeather.dll bei 00008B32

Any ideas? :P

Guest Lars_MQ

You installed the osdweatherimages also? I tested it with the test newOSD version, everything seems to be fine.

Which OS/Internetexplorer Version do you use (you need at least IE 5.5, I think for XML Support)

lars

I installed osdWeatherimg (the images are under Images\weather folder) and I tried with osdWeather95 in the download area, with osdWeather95a and c I found in your post in the german section but they all seem not to work!

I'm under WinXP SP2 and I use FireFox 1.0RC1.

Let me try with IE as the default browser...

Guest Lars_MQ

One thing. Is there a DVBViewer.log file in the DVBViewer dir? If yes could you post it? The DVBViewer logs every error and most of the plugin errors, maybe this shows something.

lars

It's full of this:

06/11/2004 9.38.58 EAccessViolation raised by instance frmMain of class TfrmMain at 02B8DD08:Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 02B8DD08 in Modul 'osdWeather.dll'. Lesen von Adresse 00000000

I attach the log btw.

DVBViewer.log

Edited by mighty
Guest Lars_MQ

ok, just to check: try moving the osdgames.dll out of the plugin folder.

if you use osdtimeline.dll move it also out of the plugins folder. keep only the newOSD.dll and the osdweather.dll. (and of course your other not osdrelated plugins).

lars

Nothing! :idiot:

Just to be sure, I uninstalled everything and reinstalled from scratch, with just newOSD, osdWeather95c and isdWeatherimg.

Still it's not working... :P

Guest Lars_MQ

Ok with a lot of testing from mighty (thanks) I fixed a problem that can happen on some international (or none german) windows systems.

I attach a fix for it here for some more testing. It only works, if you installed the osdweatherimg.zip from membersarea and also the osdweather.zip plugin itself.

It won't work if you only use the attached file!

There is now also an option for automatic updating from the internet. Note for installation and the first download of weatherdata you need a internet connection. If you decide not to use automatic update, you can force an update by pressing the reload button (within the half an hour limit).

Also included is an english skin. Just copy the two skin files to your DVBViewer\images\weather folder.

A hint for my helper mighty:

You can localize the skin yourself if you want, just replace the text= tags in the skin where no #-sign is. (It's hard for me to explain, just have a look into the two skin files and you will see :idiot: )

The weather data itself is english, there is for now no easy way to translate them, sorry.

lars

osdWeather.zip

with a lot of testing from mighty (thanks) I fixed a problem

Good to know there are users who are really willing to help us to make the stuff better and more reliable (instead of mere complaining). :idiot:

Well, I paid 15€ for this software; it's my interest to make it better!! :idiot:

A part from jokes, I wouldn't be able to create a plugin, but if you need some testing or translating, I'm here! :P

This is a first revision of the italian translation for osdWeather.

There are still some things I can't change though, such as:

- the label on the buttons

- in the "Wind" filed, the "von" and "bis" (when it says: von N bis 8 Km/h)

but I think they're enbedded in the dll (or maybe I'm just too tired and I missed them :idiot:).

I was also thinking if it is possible to translate the names of the days and, I'm fool, I know, the "Partly Cloud" and stuff, as I saw they are stored in the XML. Maybe it's possible to change them before storing them or before displaying them (guess it would be wiser before storing).

Anyway, I'm just thinking loud, if I'm saying bullshit, just don't care me! :P

weather.skin

Edited by mighty
Guest Lars_MQ

Very good, thanks.

That's right, some things are "hardcoded". It's quick and dirty hack to get a little bit of international flair into the plugin :P

For the next version there will be a possibility to translate everything including the weather data. And don't bother trying to translate the xml, it gets overriden everytime you download the weatherdata so your work will be lost :idiot:

lars

And don't bother trying to translate the xml, it gets overriden everytime you download the weatherdata so your work will be lost  :P

I never thought that. I said "before it's written" or "before it's displayed" :bounce:

Anyway, we'll wait for the next version! :idiot:

Edited by mighty