No Sound when BBC One HD programs change

fxv1

Hi, just have a few questions which would be great to find the answer to but are not show stoppers.

1) On many occasions when watching BBC HD channels and one program stops, you get some ads or interlude and the sound disappears. If I perform a graph rebuild the sound will play.

2) files recorded as filename.ts files will play great on DVBViewer but will have no sound in MicrosoftMediaCenter.

3) VLC will stutter with video with the same video that DVB plays perfectly.

support.zip

On many occasions when watching BBC HD channels and one program stops, you get some ads or interlude and the sound disappears.

Maybe AC3 2.0 <-> 5.1 changes? Maybe the audio decoder selected for AC3 (Cyberlink) doesn't like it? I would try AC3 Filter (32 bit version for DVBViewer!).

Seems you are receiving DVB-T, not DVB-S (you didn't mention it...:rolleyes:). In this case the AAC audio decoder may be relevant. I would select the DivX AAC decoder (already present in you system).

Many thanks Griga, I will give that a try.

(That will be in the AAC Audio Decoder Field I presume?)

Yes it was DVB-T ....is the audio different on DVB-T to DVB-S?

BBC HD on satellite switches to multi-channel audio on Preview. BBC One HD does this during regional news interludes. It seems likely that terrestrial would do the same, though of course encoding is different.

These interludes are a good way to test audio set-ups. The Preview includes a test for audio delay.

Edited by QBox User

Thanks everyone for the responses...yes noticed that DVB-S2 BBC 1 HD is on AC3 and DVB-T2 is AAC.

Frank