DVBViewer 5 diseqc problem

Aex10

Hi there!

Well, I was happy with the old DVBViewer 4.9.6, but recently I downloaded the new 5 version and was also happy with it untill diseqc switching. It's not working for me! I mean, with DVBViewer 4.9.6 I can easy switch from Astra channels to Eutelsat channels and vice versa and with version 5 I can't. Ok, especilly for DVBViewer v.5 I scanned manually with TransEdit all necessary Astra and Eutelsat transponders, saved them, stayed on Astra and could see the picture (the signal was 92%). When then I switched to Eutelsat channel, nothing happened (0% signal level at left down corner). When I made the same procedure with DVBViewer 4.9.6, everything was perfect: switching between satellites is quick, almost with no delay.

Could somebody confirm or denay this information, please?

Thanks, Griga, for replay, but it doesn't matter the hardware, etc. If on the same card, with the same new scanned transponders I can switch quickly from one satellite to another with 4.9.6 version and can not do it with 5 version, so the problem is this last version and not other reason. So I ask if somebody has the same issue?

I have two programs installed and can choose the version by putting the different logins. So with version 4.9.6 is absolutely no problems. I stay on one channel and after 1-2 seconds the picture is open, then I switch to the different channel of another sattelite and the picture is also open after 2-3 second. The signal level is ok in both cases. Then I check the version 5, stay on one channel, the picture is open in 1-2 second, after that I switch to another channel of the second sattelite, and... no signal and no picture!

but it doesn't matter the hardware

The DiSEqC implementation is highly hardware dependent. Without knowing the DVB hardware, the problem can't be pinpointed, and nothing meaningful can be said about it. Here DiSEqC works with several DVB devices as expected.

If you know better than an experienced supporter which information is required or not, you don't need support :bye:

Griga, my card is AVer3D Satellite TV, this one: http://www.avermedia.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=544 And it works perfectly with 4.9.6 version. And?..

I need the info if the last version is working with the diseqc or not? Can anyone, except moderator, confirm this? For me, it remains only on one satellite. And interesting, when DVBViewer v.5 starts staying on Astra, it open channels good. But when the program starts from Eutelsat, nothing happens (no signal at all). Funny, eh?

Well, some more info. When I downloaded DVBVierwer v.5.0, naturally, I completely removed the previous version, cleaned the registry with registry editor, deleted the CMUV folder and installed v. 5.0 from scratch. Then manually scanned all necessary transponders from Astra and Eutelsat with TransEdit, using Pos A/Opt A and Pos B/Opt A as before(TransEdit can manage with this and can scan the channels) and updated and saved them. After that I stayed on Astra, reception and picture is good. :) Then switched to Eutelsat channel - nothing... :wacko: Switch to Astra, signal and picture ok.

Ok, I did this procedure 2 times! Then, because I need my paid channels :lol: , I renaimed "DVBViewer" folder as "DVBViewer v5", installed DVBViewer 4.9.6, put the necessary key, replaced the transponders, channels.dat and favorites in CMUV folder and... here it is the picture and no issue with switching! :blush:

Can somebody put any clue, please?

As Griga has already asked you, please note the instructions at the top of the page:

Always follow these instructions.

It might be helpful if you could run supporttool.exe for both your working 4.9 installation and the non-working 5.0 one, then post both zip files. Someone might then be able to help.