Skystar 2 HD USB CI 22kHz tone failure

jf2020

I have a Skystar 2 HD USB CI that is no longer sending the 22kHz tone to switch the LNB LOF to high band. I took me a while to figure out what was going on as I didn't immediately realize that it was not working for transponders in the high band only as the channels I used too watch are all using transponders in the high band so it look like nothing was working anymore.

After Googling, I found some references on this issue for Skystar cards having the same issue and the issue is linked to either a filter inductance or the output transistor for the 22kHz card. However, this was for a different model and I cannot locate which inductance it could be on my card.

I know this is a bit off topic for this board but I was wondering if someone could provide me with a schematic of the Skystar 2 HD USB CI or tell me which inductance/transistor is the one that could have burned. It would then allow me to repair a card that is otherwise working fine!

• 4 months later...

I don't have a skystar 2 Hd but i have a skystar pci (dvb-s tuner only) and i have finally found what was the wrong with the 22khz: i was using the wrong drivers! Switching from BDA to WDM (which were not easy to find) solved the problem entirely.

Otherwise with the BDA drivers i could use the 22khz with a 10750 (LOF) value instead of 10600 thus i had to change the channel frequency manually by +150 or 156 mhz (depending on the channel)

Example for CNN international on 28.2°east:

12051 (king of sat)

12051 + 156 = 12007 (= right frequency with 10750 LOF)

I hope this will enlighten you

The WDM drivers solved the 22khz issue aswell as allowing the device to reset itself after a sleep/hibernation

Edited by themaster1