Windows cannot enter Sleep (S3) mode

Hi,

I've been using DVBViewer Recording Services on my Windows XP computer for a year. It has been working fine; i.e. when there are no scheduled recording for 5 minutes, Windows will enter sleep (S3) mode.

I updated DVBViewer Recording Service to 1.23.1 a few days ago. Yesterday, I discovered my computer would not enter Sleep (S3) mode when there is no scheduled recording. I attempted to manually click Start > Turn Off Computer > Standby, my computer could not get into Sleep. Then I stopped Recording Service, and attempted to manually click Start > Turn Off Computer > Standby, my computer could get into Sleep.

Any idea what goes wrong.

Thanks.

Have you checked your balanced sleep mode settings? if it has been changed it normally won't work. (Win 7/vista)

go to control panel choose "hardware and sound" click "power options"

Under Balanced Power options choose "change plan settings"

click "change advanced Power Settings", select "Sleep" , open "Allow Away Mode Policy" and set it to "NO" !

Hope it is still correct! it is 100 years ago since i last time had problems with entering sleep mode after recordings.. so don't kill me if it dosen't work..

Maybe an idea to reinstall record service first?

I just tried to go into the settings om my PC and realized "Allow Away mode was set to "yes", and here it works.. damn ..sometimes I hate computers.

but try it.. maybe you are lucky :)

Same here. It just won't sleep. It doesn't go to sleep after inactivity and it doesn't even go to sleep when I click the 'Sleep' button.

Windows 8 x64.

I have managed to persuade Recording Service to let Windows sleep.

I unticked 'Prevent enter sleep mode while clients are connected' in the web server section of the configuration and sleep works OK.

Looks like, for some reason, recording service thinks there is always a client connected.

Unticking 'Prevent enter sleep mode while clients are connected' solved the problem. Thanks uglyned.

It is strange that 'Prevent enter sleep mode while clients are connected' had been ticked for some months without the problem.