Recording Service works but DVBviewer doesn't work

Dagostino

Hi all,

Here is my configuration :

- a computer under Windows Seven 64 bits

- tuner Hauppauge HVR-4000

- DVBViewer 5

- Recording Service 1.23.1

To watch TV i also have XBMC on the computer and also use Homedia on my tablet under Android.

Currently i can watch TV on my computer using XBMC (so trhough the recording service) and that works also fine on my tablet.

Problem is when i want to watch TV using DVBViewer. Each time when i select a channel i have the message "no device found".

I've followed the wiki to install the recording service so in DVBViewer i've desactivated my tuners (DVB-T & DVB-S tuners switched to NOT USED) and i've added a UNICAST device (and i've also activated the DVB-S2 option to watch HD channels).

If i really want to see TV on DVBViewer the only way i've found is to desactivate the Unicast device and activate my real DVB device but of course the recording service will not work anymore.

I've attached the support file.

Hope someone can help me.

Tks in advance!

support.zip

A few observations on your set-up.

DVBViewer Pro Options Recording Service -

What response do you get on clicking "Test Connection"?

For the same machine, you can use the loopback IP address 127.0.0.1, in case the one used is not static

check "Download channel list on start"

You have only one Unicast device of satellite type. You should have a second of terrestrial type for your DVB-T tuner (and enable it in RS Hardware) if you want to receive terrestrial channels.

Edited by QBox User