Can't add timer in DVB Recording Service

fmutu

Hi, i've DVB Recording Service 1.23.1.0 and i've a big problem.

I configured the service like DVBViewer but i can't add timer, i create new one, select channel and timing but when i do OK no timer has displayed in list.

I'm on Win8 x64.

I hope anyone can help me.

Sorry for my bad english.

• 1 month later...

Same problem here

Hi, i've DVB Recording Service 1.23.1.0 and i've a big problem.

I configured the service like DVBViewer but i can't add timer, i create new one, select channel and timing but when i do OK no timer has displayed in list.

I'm on Win8 x64.

I hope anyone can help me.

Sorry for my bad english.

Please post some more information:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?showtopic=2210

If I don't modify the time of regisration and I press only save button , the timer is saved normally, but if I try to modify IT o create a new one changing the time , nothing is added.

In attachmenment my support.zip file

P.S. Same issue with any browser even in mobile version.

Programming timer directly with DVBViewer instead is added in recording service schedule normally.

support.zip

Edited by leijlo
  • 1 month later...

I have the same problem, even with 1.25 version. But if i add the recording from the epg it works well..

Edited by phate89

does the time entry in the EPG search work? Which timeformat separator does your system use?

No in epg search it didn't work. It only work if i select an event and i use the record icon. How can i know what timeformat separator my sistem use?

I attached my support.zip if this can help

support.zip

Edited by phate89

I found the bug.. when i open the "add timer" window the format is hh.mm but when i enter in the textbox it turns in hh:mm. From the guide it works because i don't have to go in the textbox. I tried to add the timer without change the time and it works..

Edited by phate89
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I confirm the same bug.

It changes the time format from hh.mm to hh:mm when you try to modify the start or the end time.

I am using the last version 1.26

Edited by RobbyRally
  • 3 months later...

Still no fix for this bug? It shouldn't be hard to fix it..

Just to let you know the developer of RS Lars_MQ is deceased: http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/52747-sad-news/

Right now it's uncertain if there's going to be any more RS updates ever. I suppose there's many users who would like to know how it's gonna be.

If no further development people are going to start look for alternatives...at least I am.

Regarding your issue the exact same thing has been reported by a few since a couple of years. I believe Lars never saw them as bugs in RS, because of the simple reason the issue wasn't reproducable and it's more likely wrong Windows systemsettings are the culprit. He even asked you "Which timeformat separator does your system use?" and you didn't bother to look it up or learn what it was. The Timeformat separator is a Windows setting and I suggest you learn more about it by using Google.

Checking your support.zip -->Systeminfo.txt-->created date (on the last line) it says "Created: 22/04/2013 17.36.17"

That suggest your Windows uses dots as timeformat separators and not colons like it should be.

Just to let you know the developer of RS Lars_MQ is deceased: http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/52747-sad-news/

Right now it's uncertain if there's going to be any more RS updates ever. I suppose there's many users who would like to know how it's gonna be.

If no further development people are going to start look for alternatives...at least I am.

Regarding your issue the exact same thing has been reported by a few since a couple of years. I believe Lars never saw them as bugs in RS, because of the simple reason the issue wasn't reproducable and it's more likely wrong Windows systemsettings are the culprit. He even asked you "Which timeformat separator does your system use?" and you didn't bother to look it up or learn what it was. The Timeformat separator is a Windows setting and I suggest you learn more about it by using Google.

Checking your support.zip -->Systeminfo.txt-->created date (on the last line) it says "Created: 22/04/2013 17.36.17"

That suggest your Windows uses dots as timeformat separators and not colons like it should be.

I'm sorry for what happened and of course i didn't know.

For the rest

a) It replied to me again after asking that and i answered so that was not the problem

B) If your app doesn't work as it should it is a bug.Caused by windows or by app is not important, it don't work well and it can be fixed.

Of course if i only dad knew that i'd rather have avoided to ask again support and wait...

Caused by windows or by app is not important, it don't work well and it can be fixed.

I don't understand how you mean...of course it's important if problem is caused by Windows or by RS. If it's a Windows problem how should that be any concern of the new RS developer? You must understand if your issue can't be reproduced on a working Windows system the responsibility lies on You to fix your own system. You can always turn to Microsoft for support, this problem may very well be a bug in Windows 8.

The only one who have reported about this issue before (about 2 years ago) were on Windows XP.

EDIT: Oh and I should add that he had Italian Windows as well.

Edited by majstang

I don't understand how you mean...of course it's important if problem is caused by Windows or by RS. If it's a Windows problem how should that be any concern of the new RS developer? You must understand if your issue can't be reproduced on a working Windows system the responsibility lies on You to fix your own system. You can always turn to Microsoft for support, this problem may very well be a bug in Windows 8.

The only one who have reported about this issue before (about 2 years ago) were on Windows XP.

Are you kidding me? Let's say windows is buggy because didn't work at it should. Ok. But the program is also buggy because it also didn't work as it should.

The bug is easily fixable changing the input metod to allow . as separator or check the input separator to check if it's the right one.

I don't know exactly how it is implemented exactly but it's not impossible and neither hard to fix.

the reason because a new developer should worry about this is because its program didn't work as it should in various cases. If it's not a valid reason what could it be one?

Edited by phate89

No, I'm not kidding you at all. Listen here, if 4 guys all using Italiano Windows reports the same issue, what conclusion would you draw based on that fact? Not one person using German, English, Swedish or what ever Windows version are abled to reproduce this issue of yours, what conclusion could you draw based on that fact?

Like it or not everything points to a problem in Italiano Windows, but I can of course be wrong. If so please prove it ;)

No, I'm not kidding you at all. Listen here, if 4 guys all using Italiano Windows reports the same issue, what conclusion would you draw based on that fact? Not one person using German, English, Swedish or what ever Windows version are abled to reproduce this issue of yours, what conclusion could you draw based on that fact?

Like it or not everything points to a problem in Italiano Windows, but I can of course be wrong. If so please prove it ;)

That's not the point.

I know it is a bug of .net framework up to 3.5 with italian language and in net framework 4.0 it was fixed. With a 30 secs search you can easily find it.

But are you seriously telling me that until ms fix it there's nothing a dev can do to avoid this? And the program works also well without problems to everyone?

How much did you know about programming? I can name tons of programs that uses dates and times and they all find a way to let the tool work in windows with italian and net framework 3.5. I'm thinking myself at least 3 different ways to get around this problem.

The tool in a known situation doesn't work as it should, it is possible to be fixed in various ways and it's not. It's a bug and and it's not fixed even if it's possible. Period.

Edited by phate89

Don't know what my programming skills have to do with anything? I'm just a user like you and apparently Lars was not interested in any workarounds.

Let's see if the new developer is. Judging from many years of forumexperience don't get your hopes up though. Good luck!

Don't know what my programming skills have to do with anything? I'm just a user like you and apparently Lars was not interested in any workarounds.

Let's see if the new developer is. Judging from many years of forumexperience don't get your hopes up though. Good luck!

We're talking if it is or not a bug of the app, if it's fixable or not, actually to do that you have to know something about it...

BTW Lars never tell it wasn't interested in workarounds, it simply not answered in one way or another.

Let's hope someone start to work again to the program so it will have to deal with this bug...