Does it work with Telestar Digibit R1?

growbag

The Telestar Digibit R1 is a SAT>IP network box and it comes with a chopped down version of DVBViewer that blows goats. If someone can assure me that the Pro version will work with my R1 I will gladly buy a copy.

PS I tried the free demo version but it didn't detect the R1 :(.

The Demoversion does not handle Sat>IP devices (yet). The DVBViewer works fine (as well as your chopped down version should) with Sat>IP devices. I suppose (without knowing your exact problem) that you have codec related issues.

The chopped down version works well enough, picture-wise, but it crashes when scrolling too far down the channel list or the TV guide list, and I want to be able to edit channels because this version only shows German TV channels in it's list (I'm living in Germany but receiving Astra 28 UK FTA channels).

EDIT: Plus they've been saying that "a new full version will soon be available" since December and I'm sick of waiting ;).

So thanks for the info, I'll buy me a copy then :).

Edited by growbag

Just a quick update.

I did buy the Pro version, and I'm very happy. It works perfectly with the Telestar Digibit R1, and well worth the (relatively small) cost. I can definitely recommend the Pro version :).