What is today the most sensitive Satellite PC card?

Rittberg

I am running an HTPC with the Technotrend S2-3200, I find that my HUMAX STB tuner is much more sensitive than the Technotrend S2-3200 tuner, So weak channels that I am able to watch using the STB I am not able to watch with the Technotrend S2-3200.

So what is today the best Satellite PC card with the most sensitive tuner?

Thanks

Edited by Rittberg

I don't think that such a thing as the "most sensitive Satellite PC card" does exist. You have to be more specific. Relating to DTH satellites the differences are small. A "better" card can't deliver QEF reception if the signal quality is marginal. The differences with cards like TBS6935/5925 are related to higher modulation modes and narrow band carriers (very low SR). Both are not relevant for DTH.

.....You have to be more specific......

Ok, For example (I am located in Israel,using a 4.5 meter dish) channel 4 at 28.2E 12480V:27500:2/3 I am receiving a very good signal with the Humax , but many times NO-GO with TT3200-S2.

@ dbraner,

Did you find that Cine-S2 is better compared to the TT3200-S2 (I am not talking about the # of the tuners)?

@ Borderfox,

Did you have any experience with other card ?

Thanks,

Edited by Rittberg
What is today the most sensitive Satellite PC card?
I don't know, but if you trust the user oelsi@ http://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/f89/htpc-fuer-hd-live-tv-ci-939518.html#post20162378
Ich habe mir inzwischen eine DVBSky S952 besorgt und bin von dem Teil recht angetan. Die Umschaltzeiten im WMC sind sehr gut, sowohl nativ als auch über DVBLink. Liegen meistens zwischen 1 und 2s, bei Wechsel zwischen SD und HD-Kanälen auch mal bei etwa 3s. Ich habe die Karte auch im direkten Empfangsstärkevergleich gegen meine Cine S2 v5.5 antreten lassen: Karten in verschiedenen Rechnern, beide im WMC auf Das Erste HD getuned, und dann sukzessive die Sat-Antenne abgedeckt, bis die ersten Klötzchen auftraten. Das Bild am Rechner mit der DVBSky war noch störungsfrei (!) während das Bild am Rechner mit der Cine S2 bereits komplett eingefroren war (!). Die Probe mit getauschten Sat-Kabeln führte zum gleichen Ergebnis.

..the cheap DVBSky S952 is more sensitive than the expensive Cine S2 v5.5.

Edited by omnium

@ omnium

Thanks, after reading oelsi recommendation and the review @ Amazon.UK written by D. Meyer (UK):

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After having had 3 TBS cards all of which stopped working across various computers, I decided to try something else. So far so good, it runs well and picks up more channels than the TBS6981. There is not a lot of info with the card just very basic info. As long as it works I'm happy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I decide to order the Mystique SaTiX-S2 Sky Xpress DUAL (the equivalent to the DVBSky S952 DVB-S2 sold in Germany).

I will report after receiving the new card.

Thanks.