DVBViewer Client on a EEE box EB1006

MartinSat

I'm using a the EB1006 EEE box from asus as a DVBViewer client. The recording server is running on an other pc.

The stream starts for some seconds (betweeen 1 and 5) and then stops for 5 till 30 sec to start again for 1 or 5 secs.

Recordings play fine.

This is the same for SD as well as HD channels.

I installed XBMC with the DVBViewer addon and that work fine also for HD channels (but has no timeshift support).

In the osderror.log file I see al lot of these errors: TUCStreamThread Error: 10038 which look like a socket error but the network is fine as playing of recording is fine and also using XBMC as client works.

Has anyone else used a simular pc (Atom N270 with ATI 4530 with dedicated 256 MB ram) as client?

support.zip

Hi,

client is connected wireless ? Try with a cable. The difference between recordings and LiveTV is remarkable and not all wireless networks are sufficient.

Try LAV Filters and AC3Filter as codecs. They work very well on ATI and bring real hardware acceleration.

I tried N270 wuth a PCIe HD4350 and it worked. Its now my RS server. HD4xxx with PCI interface has not enough bandwidth. Tried D2700 with onboard video and it worked with Aero off and EVR renderer (not custom).

Best so far is the E350 with onboard ATI video.

Edited by mague

Hi maque,

Thanks for the quick reply, I have tested wireless and cable same result. I also tested differend decoders but not the LAV Filters not yet will do that to night. Also differend renderes (VMR 9, EVR and EVR costum) also with Aero on or off. But because the recording play fine I do not think that that is the problem or DVBViewer must have a differend way of play recording and live streams. I did notice that the memory is on the low side because if I have some other windows open then also recording playback is bad. The memory interface is a PCIe 1x (so not 16x as normale graphics) but then still HD recording play fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I found the problem, I have two switches in the path between server and client and that does not work. If I connect (wired) the client to the same switch as the server then it works. Also wireless does not work even if the wireless acces point is connected to the same switch as the server.

Fixed; the speed between client and switch 1 was 1 Gb and from server to switch 2 was 100 Mb, I forged the network speed on the client to also be 100 Mb and now it works!!!!