Info on record ends and after recording tasks

SirDester

Hi all,

I'm here to ask, if possible, 2 technical information about DVB Recording Service, to try to understand a issue I have with my decoder.

1) Can you tell me what technically happens after the 1st event (recorded in the log file):

- 21.02.13 04:00:01.262 TRecording Destroy TechniSat UDST7000BDA DVBS Tuner0

- 21.02.13 06:09:16.939 TRecording Destroyed TechniSat UDST7000BDA DVBS Tuner0

- 21.02.13 06:09:16.939 TRecording hamDeleted TechniSat UDST7000BDA DVBS Tuner0

2) Can you tell me if the "After Recording Task" is executed before, or after these sequence of events ?

A little explanation for these requests: I'm trying to understand why randomly my decoder (TechniSat UDST7000BDA DVBS) totally hangs at the end of recordings (but not recordings only, even simply watching LiveTV with DVBViewer and closing it). The real strange behaviour is that it can work flawlessly for months, than it starts with these random hangs without apparent reason, any change in computer configuration... any change at all. That's driving me mad... Right now, every recording hungs the decoder, it's frustrating :(

The effect is that the decoder is hung with the tuning led up, the DVB Recording Service WebInterface is unresponsive, and the only way to unlock all is the PHISCALLY DISCONNECT POWER SUPPLY from the decoder. As soon as the decoder is disconnected, the recording service passes to the "Destroyed" log event, and the WebInterface returns responsive.

While the decoder is hung, it's already impossible to power off the PC; it remains hung at "Shutting down windows".

It seems to me that it's a hardware problem, or a bad device driver (I have latest available drivers version), and not strictly related with your software package.

What I implemented to workaround the problem is a "Hardware USB controlled power outlet" to disconnect and reconnect the decoder when the WebInterface is unresponsive (with a simple polling to it).

What I want to do is to move this "code" to a "After Recording Task" so I can check every time a recording ends if the decoder is hung, and do the "poweroff/poweron" procedure.

Thanks for all.

Maurizio.

Just a little addition :)

I just realizied that the "After Recoring Task" does not fit my solution...

If it's launched before the decoder is hung... it won't detect it as hung.

If it's launched after the decoder is hung... it won't be launched :)

So only the 1st question remains valid (I wanted to edit the post, but I can't).

Thanks.

Maurizio.