DVBdemo will not run in Windows *

dg2013

Current system is Windows 8 recently updated. AMD based motherboard. KWorld DVBT 210SE TV card

I tried the program first in Windows 7 and that ran ok. I have the same setup in Windows 8 and cannot get it to run correctly. It will install but when I run it and scan for the channels it intermittently shows "Not Responding" message by Windows. It completes the scan but nothing if found. I also have TivMe from KWorld installed and that can find the channels but can only show the OSD.

I tried letting Windows troubleshoot it and that came up with the following error.

"The instruction at 0x007d3132 referenced memory at 0x7386fffc. The memory could not be read. I do not have memory problems with any other program."

No errors were produced until I tried to troubleshoot it.

I have tried running it as admin but that made no difference.

I would appreciate some help with this please, or maybe it is not compliant with Windows 8 yet.

Thanks

David

The DVBViewer runs fine under windows 8, as well as the demo. I suppose one of the codecs you are using cause problems.

The DVBViewer runs fine under windows 8, as well as the demo. I suppose one of the codecs you are using cause problems.

Thanks for the confirmation.

I have never had to play around with codecs before, programs have always just worked. Have tried downloading some - made no difference.

Windows 7 comes with a (very good) Microsoft video decoder for HD and SD TV. Windows 8 does not. If you download and install the latest LAV filters, they should do what you need. I think there's now an option to download those when you install DVBViewer Pro. If that fails, please post the Support.zip as per instructions.

Thank you for your suggestion.

I selected the LAV filters during the setup but it did not make any difference. It may have made it worse because during the channel search Win 8 kept displaying "Program not responding" in the title bar, then it would recover for a few seconds and repeat.