4k channel is laggy

DunnoX

Hi i have DVBViewer 5.0 and lavfilters installed, when i try to watch the 4k resolution test channel on hispasat it skips a little (like jumping frames), it playbacks fine on DVBViewer if recorded.So why does live 4k skip frames and if recorded playbacks flawlessly.

Hi i have DVBViewer 5.0 and lavfilters installed, when i try to watch the 4k resolution test channel on hispasat it skips a little (like jumping frames), it playbacks fine on DVBViewer if recorded.So why does live 4k skip frames and if recorded playbacks flawlessly.

LAV with hardware acceleration switched on? If yes, your pc lacks power. The live stream won't wait for the decoder -> frames are skipped. Playback can be performed at a reduce speed ;)

Lav is with hardware accelaration on and vlc the live stream runs flawless.And if record the channel and playback DVBViewer doesn't skip frames, while watching processor is at 20% .

My specs are:

Processor I3-530

Graphics Nvidia GT 610

Ram 4G

Tuner Technisat Skystar USB HD

OS Windows 8 x64

I think I know the reason but I don't know how to fix it. The problem seems to be the audio track. Since I 1st tried the 4k demo they've changed the video and audio parameters.

The layerIII audio doesn't connect. Try a different audio codec. Maybe you won't hear anything but the buffer overflows will disappear ;)

Just ran vlc with verbosity on warnings and you seem to be right:

vlc dump:

main warning: buffer way too early (-268758), clearing queue

main warning: audio output out of sync, adjusting dates (-49603 us)

main warning: not synchronized (-49603 us), resampling

main warning: buffer too early (-49603), down-sampling

main warning: picture is too late to be displayed (missing 78 ms)