Daylight time saving

jirim100

Hello,

I don't know whether it is bug or not in Recording Service. In my country today was changed winter time to summer time (shift +1 hour) - all recordings was OK - but, yesterday I look in web server of recording service and all EPG items before DTS was time OK but EPG items after DTS was time shifted + 1 hour.

Is it bug in recording service or EPG data from my provider was wrong ??

What is your EPG source? if it's the inbuild DVB-EIT then the date/time is corrected automatically. If you use an external EPG source, it's up to the source to correct this.

The RS uses a Windows-API function to convert the DVB-EIT GMT time to the adjusted local time.

So there are two possibilities: The windows Windows-API function return an incorrect localtime or your broadcaster sends the data wrong.

And which type of time must be in DVB-EIT, what is in the technical specification? Local time or UTC time?

I ask on this technic from my TV provider and he reply me that they send time as local time because many devices as set-top-boxs, TVs and similarly can not handle DST and for proper display on these devices must be time as local time. And immediatelly after DST they generate new DVB-EIT data (again with local times).

Edited by jirim100

Is it possible to add option which type of time is in DVB-EIT, because my provider send always time as local (see my previous comment) ?

Is it possible to add option which type of time is in DVB-EIT, because my provider send always time as local (see my previous comment) ?

No, don't do it.

If my provider send DVB-EIT data with local time then why my EPG data was correct weeks before DTS and now after DTS? Only in the overlapped week was the second half EPG entries showed in web server wrong.

I'm confused !

Edited by jirim100