Running Status Table packets with PID = 19

jirim100

Hello,

is it possible to record RST (running status table) packets with PID 19 ? This table contain the exact information about start and end of program. My provider sends this information.

It is similar as recording EIT packets.

Please.

No. If you provider abuses it this way it his problem not ours.

hmm no abuse but a very correct use of SI according to EN 300468 :D

5.1.3 Coding of PID and table_id fields
Table 1 lists the PID values which shall be used for the TS packets which carry SI sections.
Table 1: PID allocation for SI
Table PID value
RST, ST 0x0013

5.2.7 Running Status Table (RST)

Alas at least No as an answer is correct ;)

@jirim100, you can check pid 0x0013 with transedit's analyzer.

Ah ok, my fault I had something else in mind.

But the answer stays no. RST should be reflected in EIT running status, so use the EIT signaling and you need a PDC. :)

The PDC is required because it's the only reliable ID for an (global) EIT Entry. You can thank all the providers who make their EIT ID unrelieable...

... RST should be reflected in EIT running status...

Unfortunatelly, running status in EIT table is always 0 (0 = undefined).

Monitoring the RST is not implemented and seems to be unknown. Though it would be an easy method for exact controlling recording timers. Bad luck if the EIT is not used conforming to DVBViewer's method. Maybe if more providers would use RST there could be a change..

My provider talks about broadcasting RST table but analyzer of TransEdit 3.8.6.0 showing only PIDs: 0, 16, 17, 18, 20.

Edited by jirim100

Wie lange hast du denn aufgenommen? Die SDT vom aktuellen mux ist auch nicht dabei. Wer weiss, was die da machen. Vielleicht ist ja alles auf einem speziellen transponder.

@Derrick: English!!!

Maybe the recording was too short, and the RST only shows up temporarily. Let the Analyzer run for a longer period.

google translate is cool ;)

How long have you taken? The SDT from the current mux is also not there. Who knows what they're doing. Maybe everything is on a special transponder.

@Tjod maybe your more familiar with obscure sites. I don't speak Czech..

More important: does this file contain the RST with pid 0x0013?

OK I have upload it to the internal FTP.

I don't speak Czech..

Download > enter the captcha > Download

that's all, no need for read or speak Czech.