recording service - quad tuners mess up problem

Hi all!

I have DVBViewer recording setup and working. with 4 tuners.

2 (AB) tuners are configured for horizental signals for a satellite (no diseqc)

2 (CD) tuners are configured for vertical signals for a satellite (with diseqc)

these 4 tuners are all attached to the same satellite.

when the first client connects in and watch a channel on A,B tuners, it works

when the second client connects in and tune to a channel on C,D tuners, it messes up.

the 1st client has a channel redirected messsage on screen and screen is a blank

the 2st client also has a blank screen.

the correct behavior should be 1st is still watching and second client is assigned to tuner C,D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IF the 1st client tunes a channel on A,B tuners, and second client tunes another channel on A,B tuners, both clients can watch different channels propely.

in the begining the 1st client's DVBViewer will show a channel re-directed message

after a while the 2nd client's DVBViewer will show channel re-directed message too.

but both of them only see a blank screen, and sometimes I can see they are fighting for tuning channels. and after about 1 minute, both clients can finally show the same channel.

It all depends on the group assignments of the channel list. Please export and attach the corresponding satellite roots of your list.

HDTV 本地.ini

the group assignment should be correct.

it worked fine when there is only one client.

when there are tuner A,B for group 0(A) ,tuner C,D for group 4(E) and client 1,2

channels CHANNEL0 in group 0(A) and CHANNEL7 in group 4(E)

the problem occurs when

client 1 logs in and watches CH0 using tuner A(PROF7500)

client 2 logs in and watches CH7 and at this moment, although tuners C(TBS QBOX),D(TBS8920) are free, the recording service wants to take over tuner A and give it to both clients, and this is when problem occurs.

if the client 2 logs in and watches another channel in group 0(A), DVBViewer gives client 2 the tuner B(PROF8000) correctly

Edited by gqsun

i have Quad Tuner's from TBS ... i solve conflict channel with ( Channel groups ) try it !

More info : http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Options_Service_-_Hardware

1-select device 1 and set channel grope A only and ... select device 2 and set channel grope B ..... and ...

2- scan channel with grope A for device 1 ... and do that for 2+B and 3+C and 4+D ....

3- save each scan device channel for name list

4- Rename the ID channel if it happened or oppose the similarity

I have the channels added to correct groups.

however I found that there are many channels (on different satellites) with the same service ID. ex: 401...402

will this be the problem?

how does DVBViewer make an "unique key" for a channel?

root+service ID? or....?

If I'm right Tuner Type, Service ID, Audio PID, Stream ID, Network ID and the channel name are relevant.

The root, DiSEqC and the group setings have no influence on this.

root+service ID? or....?

This is how the 64Bit channelID is calculated:

Service ID + AudioPID x 2^16 + (Tunertyp+1) x 2^29 + TransportstreamID x 2^32 + (OrbitalPosition x 10) x 2^48 + TV/Radio-Flag x 2^61

And this is how the old channelID is calculated:

(tunertype + 1) * 536870912 + APID * 65536 + SID

thanks for the info. looks like it's not a conflict of unique channel id..

please read my post #5 which illustrates how do I reproduce this situation.

• 2 weeks later...

the problem is making multiple tuners useless in my case.

I even now make each tuner with one dedicated group, but when the user try to tune, DVBViewer recording service still doesn't follow the group/tuner setting I defined, but picking up the wrong tuner which is already in use and leave the other 3 free tuners unused.

please help, thanks

As I can see on your screenshots, you have set "Shared LNB" for all tuners. I guess this is not correct.

The Shared LNB option must only be used for tuners that are connected to the same LNB with a two- or four-way-splitter (not a switch!), so they can't set polarisation, DiSEqC and/or frequency band independently, or with other words, the tuners can only receive transponders with the same polarization, DiSEqC and frequency band at the same time. If Shared LNB is switched on the RS considers these restrictions when selecting a device.

hi

I can try to untick it later to see if it works.

however I have 2 single polarisation c band lnbs on the same dish.

and each of the lnb (each of it serves a polarisation)is connected to a 2 ways splitter.

and finally attached to 4 tuners.

so it sounds lile I should tick shared lnb according to the manual.

After unticking all shared LNb check box

It worked as expected.

Now it has became an issue of the definition of this option, because as you can see

I have multiple tuners connected to a Splitter and then to a single polarization lnb