stream from record service to TV

krasno

Hello

I got a new Tv for use in kitchen, it has build in w-lan and so on, and also dlna.

I can stream from PC (recordings) - works like a dream- and the channel DVBViewer is tuned to, but if I try to change channel on tv nothing happens, ( black screen) which means I can only change channel this way:

change channel on PC ( DVBViewer) and then go to kitchen and change to same channel on the TV.

The slowest channel change the world has seen so far :)

If I do the same on mobile or tablet it is possible to change channel.

Is it not possible from the TV?.. or is it just me?

I use Record service ( of course..)

And have set it up correctly ( I think, ... bad statement.. it is not working eehhmmm...) but it works if I stream to portable device, which I will not say a 46" kitchen TV is haha...

The reason for the set-up is of course that I don't want a PC in kitchen or a HD reciever hanging on the wall, for that matter, and.. to buy mega expencive samsung with build in sat-receiver+ was also not an option...

SO I thought I was smart to just stream instead..

Thanx for any intelligent answers..

..can't see the intelligent question ;)

change channel on PC ( DVBViewer) and then go to kitchen and change to same channel on the TV.

If that's so you are not using the recording service correctly..

..can't see the intelligent question ;)

If that's so you are not using the recording service correctly..

hehe

well maybe it is not an intelligent question, but the question is why does it not work, or is it not possible ?

Ok but where is it not set-up correctly?

have any clue?

I have gone through all settings, and I can't see anything wrong anywhere..

And.. it works to mobile, tablet and other pc's

I may have misunderstood what you are doing, but if you only have one PC tuner in RS, and it is being used by a DVBViewer client, then there will be "no hardware available" for the TV, although it may be able to select a channel from the tuned multiplex. This might also happen if you have the tuner configured for use in both the client and RS, which is incorrect.

Close the DVBViewer channel, then try tuning the TV. My Smart TV takes about 10 seconds to tune a new channel.

I may have misunderstood what you are doing, but if you only have one PC tuner in RS, and it is being used by a DVBViewer client, then there will be "no hardware available" for the TV, although it may be able to select a channel from the tuned multiplex. This might also happen if you have the tuner configured for use in both the client and RS, which is incorrect.

Close the DVBViewer channel, then try tuning the TV. My Smart TV takes about 10 seconds to tune a new channel.

hello

I have tried to turn off dvbv. if I do that, no live Tv is possible, only if I have tuned in a channel both in dvbv. and TV first and then close DVBViewer, then the channel keeps running on the TV, but channel change is not possible,if I try, I get this message on the TV " the file is corrupted" sometimes, and sometimes this "Resolution not supported by the TV" these messaged pop's up on the TV almost immidiately.

I also get these messages on the Tv if I try to tune a channel without DVBViewer turned on first.

If I turn on dvbv again and change channel in DVBViewer and then on the TV it works again, also as said, if I turns off dvbv it keeps working on the TV

If I try to watch recorded movies I have no problems at all. dlna works fine from recordservice, and available channel s can be seen ( but not tuned) as described above.

DVBViewer is configures ONLY to use recordservice ( unicast) -or right now I have changed to rtsp, but that didn't change anything.

It is like streams won't start fast enough for the TV maybe? so it think ther is no stream? or something like that. ????

added later: if I turn off DVBViewer and try to tune a channel on TV two things happens:

the TV gets black screen and comes with the earlier mentioned error messages, BUT if I exit to the menu I can see it has tried to scan all channels in the channel list - without result.

If I turn on DVBViewer during that "black screen" I get a message " channel redirection requested by servicer" but no picture on TV

IF I then can find the channel the TV is scanning right now and tune to that channel in DVBViewer I get picture on both TV and DVBViewer.

It is still possible to start live streams on mobilephone and tablet

Edited by krasno

You may get some feedback from the uPnP debug facility. svcdebug.log would also tell you if the TV requests result in a tuning attempt.

You may get some feedback from the uPnP debug facility. svcdebug.log would also tell you if the TV requests result in a tuning attempt.

I'm trying to get something out of svcdebug, result later..

But thanx for your reply, I didn't know about that facility

!

QBox User

does this make any sence to you?

I turned on PC

after that I turned on TV and went into menu, dlna found Recordservice and channels and tuned to the first channel in the channel list.

after some time ti began to show another channel (channel 3 in the list)

First I was sure it was the last channel I used yesterday, but that was not true, be course record service had recorded from another channel and then shut down PC after recording.

If I look in svcdebul.log it looks like the TV ( or recordservice?) try to open new channels when it realize it can not start a channel that does not work.

Also it writes again and again after each try: ( example)

28.05.13 17:03:50.282 TBDACITTModuleSingle:Create CloseCI: The system cannot find the drive specified

what drive ??

Common Interface? but?

As far as I can see in the list there are no succes in tuning the channel it alt last showed, but it did...

the frequency that worked was 10903Mhz symb.rate 25000 SERVICE id4802 VIDEO PID 514 STREAM ID48

the frequencey II tried to tune to was service iD same frequency but service ID4812 Videopid 515

now while I have been writing I tried to change channel to the first again, and after very long time it opened a channel on frequency 10809 24500 Symbl.

so it looks like it tries all channels and all of a sudden one starts..

Right now if I turn on dvbv. it tunes to the same channel as the TV, which is normal I guess and channel change on PC is not possible ( exactly like if I was recording something) I consider that to be normal...

I have attached the .log from when I turned on PC to when it tuned the first wrong channel., but seriously I can't see it succeeds in tuning a channel...

Can you see what is going wrong? I can't, except for the fact it is not changing to the channel I want to change to and iveeeery slow channel change.

scvdebug.txt

Edited by krasno

These are encrypted channels, right? Can the TV tune a FTA channel? How about the DVB-T channels?

I assume you have tried disabling the PC firewall?

These are encrypted channels, right? Can the TV tune a FTA channel? How about the DVB-T channels?

I assume you have tried disabling the PC firewall?

Yes they are encrypted.

Firewall is disabled totally.. ( not good, but what the hell :) )

Tried BBC World News and it worked !

If I then tuned to an encrypted channel,

1st time it worked

second time it ended on wrong channel

3rd time nothing happened ( waited 5 min.)

4th time it worked after 1½ min

all channel changes from FTA (BBC World News)channel to encryped !

from encrypted channel to encrypted it always ends on wrong channel after something like 2-5 min

that was the fast testing for now.. looks like encrypted channels are the the problem.

anything to do about that?

I only use FTA myself. If you search the forums for "streaming encrypted channels" or similar, you might find an issue like your own.

I only use FTA myself. If you search the forums for "streaming encrypted channels" or similar, you might find an issue like your own.

no.. the issues I found are all closed due to illegal decryption.

That is not the case here.!!! not at alll.

But I tried to turn on PC 2 in the other end of the house and stream from that PC to the TV in kitchen and that works!!

channel change in something like 5-6 seconds.

For several reasons it is not an easy task to switch those two PC's, the not streaming PC is used as a movie and music server and is almost never turned off. -and can stream live TV to tablets, laptiops, and android phones with ( almost) no problems

I don't want to have two PC's running to stream movies from one pc and TV streaming from the other..but could of course move all discs to PC2 or buy a 15-20meter hdmi cable..:) That solution would also give better internet access in kitchen, if I can find a long range wireless keyboard :)

But thanx for trying to help !!

• 5 months later...

Again I answer myself....:

Problem solved:

new win 8 PC solved the problem, now channel change works and takes from 5-10 seconds., so if channels are encrypted ( legal of course.. what else?) then the PC with RC must be faster than hell.. or at least close to that.. :)