DVB-S device becomes inactive, Windows 8

Kiwi_Tim

Hey there,

I have DVBViewer 5.1.0.0 installed with Recording Service 1.26.0.0 on a Windows 8 32bit OS.

I have two DVB tuners installed, Hauppauge HVR3000 (Hybrid DVB-T/DVB-S) and a Tevii S480 DVB-S2 (DVB-S2 Dual). I also have a USB WinTV-CI installed for use with some encrypted channels on the DVB-S device on the HVR3000.

Have been having problems with the HVR3000, and I'm not sure of the cause. When viewing a DVB-T channel, and then switch to a DVB-S channel on the HVR3000, I sometimes experience a long delay (10-20 seconds of black screen), then hear the Windows 8 "device connect" sound, which is then followed by a picture (sometimes normal, sometimes stuttered, sometimes no picture). This can happen on either an encrypted channel or an unencrypted channel.

I think the DVB-S device somehow becomes inactive when not being used and becomes a 'disconnected device' by Windows 8, then when DVBV tunes to a channel for this dvb-s device, Windows 8 attempts to activate it and I hear the "device connected" system sound.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

I have the latest drivers from Hauppauge (WinTV 7 CD 2.8). This didn't happen on Windows 7.

Many thanks,

Tim

New Zealand

my support.zip is too big to upload. How do you erase the log memory to produce smaller support.zip file?

Edited by Kiwi_Tim