Selecting language in AC3 broadcast?

aydin1954

I looked around and probably I am missing or not seeing something.... but how can I select the language in a multi-language AC3 broadcast? On my Topfield set top box I have a button to do so but do not see the option to do it in DBViewer. I only can select the language if I select one of the stereo options. But I want to enjoy the Dolby surround audio and still be able to select the language. Thanks.

Just press the blue button on your remote and select audio...then you should be able to switch the languages.

...fastest way to switch is by learning on a seperate button on your remote. Therefore you have to go to options/input and complete the learning process.

I only can select the language if I select one of the stereo options.

Which stereo options? Left / right channel?

There are two methods for multi-language broadcasts. Either dual (mono) channel requiring left/right selection - of course without surround sound (never heard of a broadcaster using AC3 in this way). Or different audio tracks with different PIDs, which is the commonly used method without technical restrictions (requiring more bandwidth). All audio tracks should be visible / selectable in the Settings -> Audio Tracks submenu.

Check the audio format on the DVBViewer Filter property page - it displays the type and whether it is flagged as dual channel or not.